Question about Maytag MER5775Q Electric Kitchen Range
The F1 error code description is a defective touch pad or clock (ERC). Here are some steps that you may apply to check if the ERC (Electronic Range Control or Clock) or the touch pad is defective.
1. Unplug the range power cord or turn the power off to the range at the circuit breaker. It is very important that the power to the range has been disconnected, so please double check before continuing.
2. Gain access inside the control panel.
3. Disconnect the touch pad (also called keypad or membrane switch) ribbon from the ERC.
4. Make sure there are no lose wires, or anything else that may cause a short when power is turned back on. Assemble the control panel back the way it was.
5. Turn the power back on.
6. Wait for at least one hour to see if the F1 code comes back
7. Please replace the ERC, if F1 comes back. If it does not, replace the touch pad.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jun 14, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2014 | Maytag Ovens
Feb 28, 2012 | Kenmore Kitchen Ranges
Apr 11, 2011 | Ovens
Apr 09, 2011 | Ovens
Sep 18, 2010 | Ovens
Dec 06, 2008 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Aug 12, 2008 | Xerox Phaser 8500/DN Printer
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: