Question about Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1. Remove the lower panel under the door by loosening the three screws
under the bottom edge on the front of the washer. HINT: If you prop up
the front feet of the washer with some small blocks of wood, this will
make access to the screws much easier.
2. With the screws removed, the lower panel should drop down then come off. If the panel sticks, a light tap on either side will knock it loose.
3. Reach your hand up inside the washer behind the front casing on the right-hand side. This is where the door latch assembly is located.
4. At the bottom of the door latch assembly is a small pull tab. This is the manual release for the door. Pull the tab straight down and the door will come open.
Sometimes these doors will not unlock for whatever reason. If there are no error codes being generated, this could have just been a momentary glitch. If you see "Fdl" or "Fdu" error codes, these are usually indications of a failed door latch assembly and will require replacement.
Posted on Aug 01, 2009
LOC means it thinks the control panel is locked.
This gives the ERR indication when you push the buttons.
To unlock it you need to hold down the Options and Select buttons together until it reacts.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 25, 2010
To get the front off. (All screws look to be #2 Phillips Screws)
1. You have to unscrew (2) phillips screws from the back that holds the top on.
2. Slide the top off. (slide towards the back)
3. Then where the control panel is there is about 4-6 screws holding that plastic piece on, take those out this will allow you to pull the control panel up and out of the way.
4. At this point you can unscrew the 4-6 screws in the door area that holds the front of the washer on, once you unscrew those screws there is a tab that you have to lift the front over to pull the front off. This will allow you access to the locking mechanism.
5. There are only 2 screws holding te locking mechanism on.
Posted on Nov 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2013 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Jun 21, 2012 | Kenmore 44102 Front Load Washer
Jul 27, 2011 | Kenmore 3.5 cu. ft. Front Load Electric...
Jul 16, 2011 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Dec 24, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Jul 26, 2010 | Kenmore 43142 Front Load Washer
May 31, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
May 27, 2010 | Kenmore 44102 Front Load Washer
Apr 12, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Nov 15, 2008 | Kenmore 46462 Front Load Washer
319 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: