Question about Harman Kardon AVR 230 Receiver
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Usually when the unit runs for a while before shutting down there are two possibilities:
1) There is a small amount of DC current present that effectively heats up the speaker coils enough to cause a temporary short circuit that kicks in the protect circuit.
2) The output transistors or bias transistors are sensitive to heat and breaking down again causing the protect circuit to kick in.
A few experiments to try:
1) Does the time to shutdown change depending upon the volume level?
2) Is there any background noise coming from the speakers? Listen to a blank tape for example. Is there a hum or any other noise that you would not normally expect?
3) If you have a DC voltmeter, check for any voltage between the speaker lines.
Update this and we'll try to narrow this down.
Posted on Aug 19, 2008
To avoid making the avr go into protect mode when you power up your Hafler 4000 that is connected in the avr's pre-out, you must power up the set up in the correct sequence.
1. Turn off your avr
2. Connect Hafler 4000 to the avr's pre-out it it is not yet connected
3. Turn on your Hafler 4000. The avr will not go into protect mode becasue of the transients from the Hafler because it is still not powered on.
4. Turn on you avr. There should be no more transients from the Hafler at this stage unless it is not functioning correctly, so the avr shouldno longer go into protect mode.
Posted on Dec 16, 2008
Yes, although it (AVR) does not support HDMI only component video.
Connect the audio to the receiver and the video directly to the TV if you have inadequate video inputs, or want to take advantage of the HDMI.
Posted on Jan 01, 2010
Testimonial: "cheers, have a good year."
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2013 | Harmon Kardon Harman / Kardon AVR 165...
Sep 18, 2013 | Harman Kardon AVR 55 Receiver
Jul 27, 2011 | Harman Kardon AVR 230 Receiver
Feb 09, 2011 | Harman Kardon AVR 500 Receiver
Jun 06, 2010 | Harman Kardon AVR 340 Receiver
Dec 08, 2009 | Harman Kardon AVR 230 Receiver
Dec 08, 2008 | Harman Kardon AVR 235 Receiver
Apr 24, 2008 | Harman Kardon AVR 130 Receiver
205 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: