a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Your lamp is burned out. When powering up the lamp doesn't turn on so the TV shuts down. Replace the lamp and it should fix the problem. This happens with mine about 1 per year and everytime it's the lamp.
Annoying! happens to us too frequently, but this works. We ended up buying a new one and returning our broken one after owning for three months
5. Turn on the Nursery Unit using the On/Off switch on the side. The green power light should come on.
6. Within a few seconds, the Parent Unit will lock on to the Nursery Unit and the top four (4) green LEDs will shut off.
A second later, you will hear a series of beeps and the connection LED should change from red to green. Your monitor is now
ready for use.
7. If the top four (4) LEDs do not shut off, power off the Parent Unit and the Nursery Unit and repeat steps 4 and 5 above.
8. If the connection LED on the Parent Unit does not change from red to green and the unit begins to beep, press the
channel "ch" button on the Nursery Unit. Within a few seconds, the Parent Unit should lock in on the Nursery Unit and
the connection LED should change from red to green. You may hear an audible beep during this process.
9. If the Parent Unit is still unable to lock in on the Nursery Unit (connection LED will be red and the unit will beep), power down
both the Parent Unit and the Nursery Unit. Wait for 10 seconds then hold the volume down button on the Parent Unit while
pressing the On/Off switch. When the unit powers up, you will hear a single beep and all of the soundlights will illuminate.
Release the volume down switch and within 2 seconds you will hear two beeps and all of the Sound Light LEDs will stay lit and
the bottom LED will be red.
10. Repeat steps 5
Remove the battery and leave off for about 1 minute. Put the battery back in place and press the power button to turn the unit on. immediately after you see system light come on, press and hold the power button and see if it shuts off after a few seconds. If not, then its likely your motherboard is defective.
Power drain would be a better solution in this case. 1.first shut down the comp 2.unplug the charger 3. remove the battery and after press and hold the power button for 60 seconds without any charger and the battery.After the 60 seconds replug the battery and the charger and turn the computer
the Issues seems to be with the hardware malfunction and it is not only related to the cartridge.
However, you can perform the following steps and in case if the issue persists, you need to replace your printer.
Connect your printer directly to the wall outlet.
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Unplug the all-in-one from power and disconnect the connection port.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power only.
4. Repeat steps 2-4 two more times.
5. On the third time after plugging the unit into power, reconnect the connection port from the all-in-one to your computer.
1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on and wait for 20 seconds.
2. Then, press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord
This model is equipped with a self-diagnosis feature to help with diagnosis of shutdown problems. To activate this turn the unit on let it shutdown then press the input/device and menu buttons on the front panel simultaneously and hold them in for 5 seconds after 5 seconds the power LED on the front panel will blink a two digit sequence. This will be one set of blinks a short pause then another set of blinks, this will repeat 5 times. 1 - 2 = no error detected 2 - 1 = X-ray protect (high voltage or beam current) 2 - 2 = Short protect (short protect monitors low voltage supplies) 2 - 3 = Deflection protect (this could be loss of vertical or horizontal deflection) 2 - 4 = Vertical protect (usually loss of vertical from the source) 1. MAY BE INTERMITTENT, SELF-DIAGNOSIS ERROR 23 OR 24. CHECK SOLDER CONNECTIONS AT CONNECTOR "DY" ON THE YOKES. 2. SHUTDOWN AT POWER WITH SELF-DIAGNOSIS ERROR 23 OR 24. CHECK C411 2200 UFD 35 V AND C412 10 UFD 50 V, BOTH LOCATED ON THE MAIN PCB