Question about Mercury P4VM800M7 Motherboard
How to set the bios setup or how to update the bios setup
Typically to enter setup you only need to tap either F2 or the Delete key as soon as you turn the computer on. The splash screen will usually tell you which is the correct key. It may be called 'setup', 'BIOS' or 'BIOS Setup'.
Hope this helps,
Posted on Jul 12, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
on Jun 18, 2010 | Computers & Internet
You should make sure that all of the BIOS settings in the system are correct, by rebooting the system, going into BIOS setup and double-checking all the values (hopefully against a recent hardware or software change
If you have reset the CMOS memory you need to go into the BIOS setup screen and reconfigure the BIOS. To do that you need to press a key while the computer is booting. Usually F2 but can be other keys. It should tell you on the bottom of the first screen which key to press to enter BIOS setup.
If you don't know the settings you should be one for optimal defaults - use that one. You will also need to reset the time and date.
In the main or system setup screen you should be able to see the date and time
Using your arrow keys navigate to the date and change the date.
Once highlighted on the month, day, or year, press your arrow keys or your page up / page down keys to change the date.
Save, Exit and re-boot and everything should then work.
During the boot process you will see on the screen to press delete to enter setup
Press and hold delete during the boot up process to enter BIOS you can load failsafe defaults or load optimized defaults ,press escape then press f10 to save to cmos to restart
hope this helps you
Dec 07, 2011 | Intel Desktop Board DH61WW Classic Series...
May 26, 2011 | Computers & Internet
ASUS Update Utility - an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS
The ASUS Update is an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS in Windows® environment.
The ASUS Update utility allows you to:
· Save the current BIOS file
· Download the latest BIOS file from the Internet
· Update the BIOS from an updated BIOS file
· Update the BIOS directly from the Internet, and
· View the BIOS version information.
You need an Asus motherboard in your system.
Rules for Safe BIOS update:
1. For safety reasons, always use the most updated BIOS utility!
2. Do not overclock the system/CPU during BIOS update!
3. Load "Setup Default" in BIOS menu before BIOS Update.
4. Make sure you have "Administator" privilege on your Windows system (WinNT4/2000/XP).
5. Close all application programs under Windows.
6. Disable any existing Anti-Virus applications in the system.
7. Reboot the PC after the BIOS update is complete.
8. Switch on the PC and load "Setup Default" in BIOS again. Hope this helps
May 23, 2011 | ASUS P5LD2-X/1333 - motherboard - ATX -...
Jan 16, 2011 | Alienware PC Systems M7700 Notebook
Dec 30, 2009 | Dell Dimension 8300 PC Desktop
Feb 01, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 25, 2008 | Acer Aspire 5100 Notebook
1,044 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!