There are various ways to hide the tracked changes or comments — butall the changes that were made while the Track Changes feature wasturned on and all the comments that were inserted remain part of thedocument until they are accepted or rejected (or, in the case ofcomments, deleted).
Word 2007 provides a feature called Document Inspector thatallows you to check any document for tracked changes, comments, hiddentext, and other personal information. To check a document:
- Open the document you want to inspect for tracked changes and comments.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , point to Prepare, and then click Inspect Document.
- In the Document Inspector dialog box, click Inspect.
- Review the inspection results. If Document Inspector finds comments and tracked changes, you are prompted to click Remove All next to Comments, Revisions, Versions, and Annotations.
- Click Reinspect or Close.
To get rid of tracked changes and comments, you need to accept or reject the changes and delete the comments. Here's how:
- On the Review tab, in the Tracking group, click the arrow next to Show Markup.
- Make sure a check mark appears next to each of the following items:
If a check mark does not appear next to an item, click the item to select it.
- Ink Annotations
- Insertions and Deletions
- Reviewers (Point to Reviewers and make sure that All Reviewers is selected.)
- On the Review tab, in the Changes group, click Next or Previous.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Changes group, click Accept.
- In the Changes group, click Reject.
- In the Comments group, click Delete.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the tracked changes in the documenthave been accepted or rejected and all the comments have been deleted.
- If you know that you want to accept all the changes, click Accept, and then click Accept All Changes in Document.
- If you know that you want to reject all the changes, click Reject, and then click Reject All Changes in Document.
- To remove all comments, you must delete them. In the Comments group, click the arrow next to Delete, and then click Delete All Comments in Document.