I lost the remote control long ago. I have a universal remote for this tv. My 4 year old somehow got it to go into demonstration mode. How to I get it out. Pressing Action and channel up at the same time doesn't work.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: can't exit demonstration mode
I just finished advising someone else with a similar problem.
Forget the remote you have, goto your local Electrical or Hi-Fi store and get a Logitech Harmony remote. I have never come accross anything it cannot control. You set it up over the internet through your PC connected to the remote with a USB cable.
They are not dear anymore either.
Logitechs site is HERE bit they also have other remotes out in stores not listed on the site.
I own one, and will never buy anything else again.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
All universal remotes work about the same. Try this. Here you go. This will work with most all universal remote controls. If you don't have the code do the following: Automatic Programming With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device. Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to look up codes and enter them manually.
1. Turn off the device with which you want to use the remote control.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control (TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. It should take a couple of seconds for the light to remain solid. The remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release power button. The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
Note: • To exit without storing the code, press BACK. • T he unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down after the device turns on. (go slow you need to press OK when the TV turns on) if you mess up turn TV off and start over. 6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Fill free to ask me questions about anything..........................
1. Switch on the television 2. Hold down the mute key and red light starts blinking 3. Continue holding down the mute key while pointing the remote on the television 4. Once red light stops blinking try switching television off by pressing the red turn off key
I have a Conia LCD TV and the remote died, I purchsed a universal remote and without the codes even on search modes could not get it to find the t.v. I found theat DJ Electronics sell replacement Conia TV remotes online. So if you just need areplcement remote, know your TV model number and you can just replce your old remote.
The code for the TV is 0623 but to use the TV/VCR button to change mode from line to TV the code is one of the following 0179, 0451, 0463, 0624 or 0278. The 0623 only activates the menu but doesn´t let you change Air/Cable mode without first changing the Line/TV mode by pressing the TV/VCR or Line input button on your universalk remote with one of the other codes.