Question about Gateway 7330GZ Notebook
My gateway laptop won't go to the welcome screen in just stays Black or says windows error recovery I highlight some thing and then it hose back to being black dosent go any were..
I had a problem starting up from the black screen. I went the route of restoring the laptop not know of a possible "common" problem. The following is what I used for my system restore to get my laptop running, perhaps by following the steps to change the bios it might also fix your problem. If anything it doesn't hurt to try at this point.
do these steps to disable SpeedStep in the BIOS Setup Utility and then run System Restore again on your computer.
1. Turn on the computer and begin pressing the F2 key in one-second intervals. If you perform this step correctly, you see the BIOS Setup Utility menu. If Windows loads normally, repeat this step.
2. In the BIOS Setup Utility, press the RIGHT ARROW key to select the Advanced menu.
3. On the Advanced menu, change the Intel SpeedStep setting from Enabled to Disabled.
4. Press the RIGHT ARROW key to select the Exit menu.
5. On the Exit menu, select Save Changes and Exit
6. Restart the computer and run System Restore.
7. After completing the restore, download and install the Critical Update for Windows XP (KB885626) package from the Microsoft Web site.
8. Once the KB885626 package is installed, re-enable Intel SpeedStep in the BIOS Setup Utility.
Posted on Sep 19, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jun 03, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Nov 30, 2012 | Gateway NV55S04u PC Notebook
Mar 18, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 05, 2011 | Gateway MX8711 Notebook
Dec 19, 2010 | Gateway GT5622 PC Desktop
Jun 30, 2009 | Gateway 7330GZ Notebook
Apr 10, 2009 | Gateway 40G / 40GB for laptops /...
Sep 18, 2008 | Gateway MX6421 Notebook
262 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: