Question about Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full Version for PC
After I place the DVD in the drive, the disk is read, the splash screen comes up, and before I get the chance to put in the product key, I get the following: "Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available, Run setup again from the original source disk or download location."
What I tried:
1. Verified DVD- did successful full installs with this same media both before and after, on other computers.
2. Turned off all startup and services in msconfig- rebooted- no change, same error.
3. "Safe Mode" booted and tried again. This time,I got to enter a product key nd it looked as if it was going to go, but several minutes in, got a non-specific error saying that setup failed.
4. Searched MS Knowledge Base- no help.
5, Called Systemax- no help.
6. Took DVD to inhouse ITS Department- they tested, it tested good, no problem.
7. Attempted to copy DVD to both C: drive on Systemax computer, as well as a new 2 gig pen drive. Copy failed in the same place each time, with this message: "Cannot copy Proof: Cannot read from the source file or disk." I noticed it was copying proof.xml from proof.fr to proof.fr.
8. Placed DVD in another computer, as well as pen drive, and successfully copied full disk from DVD to pen drive.
9. Put pen drive in Systemax computer. Was able to do a full install from pen drive, with no issues.
In attempt to find problem, seached net for driver updates, found new flash file for drive (Optiarc AD-7190A DVD RW). Found two upgrades, installed most recent (January 2008). Unistalled Office 2007, and attempted to re-install with same DVD- same error. Stuck pen drive back in USB- reinstalled no problem.
I need to identify this issue, as this computer is heavily relied upon, and I don't need more problems. Any help is appreciated.
Once installed, was unable to re-boot the system.
The system kept cycling between logging on and logging off.
Prior to installation, my PC had no problems. All the diagnostics were performed.
The system had MS Office 2003 suite already installed and I had hoped for a seamless update!
Perhaps my naivite got in the way!
Posted on Apr 24, 2008
Try this since you don't mention this: 1. Change out the dvd drive from other computer, 2. Reload newest drivers in an update. Do not leave same driver from pc
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
I have to install
512mb ram in the system the system already have 512ram
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2011 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Aug 06, 2011 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Jun 26, 2011 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2 for...
Sep 25, 2010 | Microsoft Computers & Internet
Jan 28, 2010 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Dec 08, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Nov 18, 2009 | Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Full...
Sep 19, 2009 | Microsoft Office 2007 Basic for PC
224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: