Question about Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
recently installed a Canon Pixma MP150 on my Dell P3 (Win 2K SP4) and have, so
far, been unsuccessful in getting it to work at all. The installation itself
seemed to go correctly, but in a nutshell -- the printer will not operate in
any of it's "multifunction" modes. With apologies for what will be a
long post, I will try to describe the exact sequence of events and symptoms:
After turning the printer on:
1) The green "On/Off" button flashes, a single sheet of paper feeds through the printer, the printer performs what sounds like a cartridge cleaning, the green "On/Off" button light turns steady and the LED readout reads "1", but the "Black Ink" light is flashing also.
2) After a couple of seconds, the printer makes another "cartridge cleaning" type noise, the green "On/Off" button starts flashing again and the yellow "Alarm" light starts flashing along with the already flashing yellow "Black Ink" light. At that time the LED starts flashing alternately between "E" and "2" (The paper is, however, loaded correctly)
3) At this time, If I attempt to print anything, I get an onscreen notice of "Service Error 5100", which suggests that I "Cancel printing and then turn the printer off and then back on" In the "Status Monitor" that appears on the screen if I open "Ink Details" on the menu I get the graphic readout of ink levels and the black cartridge shows empty.
This all seems simple enough, I am out of black ink...BUT...I cannot print using only the apparently full "Color" cartridge either. I also attempted to fool the ink status monitor by removing and replacing the black ink cartridge -- to no avail, whatever I do I get the above sequence of errors. Also, while "Error 1500" indicates
When I click the shortcut to "MP Navigator" it seems to open correctly and by clicking the "Scan with Scanner Driver" button at the bottom the "Scan Gear" screen opens also. I can then access all the option screens, but when I click "Preview" or "Scan" I get the following error message:
"An Error has occurred. Turn the device off and then back on. The Scanner driver will be closed" Code 2,250,0
I can also get the following:
"Cannot scan for these reasons:
- The original may not be set correctly
- The protective sheet may be put in place
- The lamp might not be warmed up
Scanner driver will be closed" Code 2,178,0
According to the manual, Error message 5100 indicates: "Movement of the FINE Cartridge Holder is blocked." This does not seem to be the case; there is nothing to prevent the cartridges from moving correctly to the far left -- as for removing and replacement.
I have also tried the following fix, with no results:
"If the ON/OFF Lamp (green) and Alarm Lamp (orange) flash alternately, disconnect the USB cable from the machine, and then turn the machine OFF and then unplug the machine from the power supply for a while. Plug the machine back in and turn the machine back ON. "
Salve la mia mi canon mp 150 lo scanner non funziona e mi da errore code 2,250,0
Posted on Dec 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 02, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 18, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 15, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 18, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
May 27, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 16, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
2,312 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: