Question about Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Usb connector cable

I need to find out where i would be able to buy a new usb connector cable for my mp3 player (Durabrand md217/512) as i have very stupidly miss placed it.



Posted by on

  • luna138315 Apr 18, 2008

    unfortunately it is a very tiny connector port on the mp3 player even small than a digital camera or mobile phone one, but i'll still pop into a computer shop and give it a go

  • Anonymous Feb 06, 2009

    i also have the Durabrand MD217/256. I am looking for a lead for it because the port is very small and too small for any normal sized usb lead. can anyone help?



1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,944 Answers


It's most probably a standard USB cable that any computer shop should have. Just go to your lcoal computer shop and show them your player and they will tell you which cable you need.

Posted on Apr 18, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Usb port broke and missing which doesn't turn on, this happen because when i would charge the mp3 it would hang and get loosen until it came off,i' vied took it aprt but nothing so i been looking for...

You can buy a new USB female connector and solder it on the PCB of your MP3 player.
You will need a female Mini-USB Type B connector, a soldering iron with a fine tip, flux and some solder wire.
1. Open the case of the MP3 player and look for the spot the lost USB connector was soldered on. 2. Clean the pads with a cotton swab and some clear alcohol. 3. Clean the female USB connector using the same method. 4. Heat up the soldering iron to a moderate temparature. 5. Put some flux on the solder pads. 6. Place the female USB connector on the pads and solder it on by touching the soldering iron and the solder wire on the pads until a tiny drop of solder makes the connection. The solder should flow on the pads because of the flux. 7. Re-assemble the MP3 player.
You can then test the connection using a multimeter.
Good luck!

Mar 15, 2011 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player

1 Answer

I lost the USB connector to my Coby MP550 MP3 player a long time ago. Is there anywhere I can get a replacement?

Honestly I could not find one either maybe the reason being that is quite an inexpensive piece. I see them online for $15.99, you are better off just buying the same model brand new. If you were to find the actual cable I guarantee the cable is at least more than 50% of $16 ($8) so I would just go after a new one instead.

May 30, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Need usb cable for mp3 player ma933a

USB extensions?

If your looking for a place to buy one you could try here.

Not the best place for shipping prices, but they are timely.

Apr 09, 2010 | Nextar MA933A MP3 Player

1 Answer

Need usb adapter

It's a standard mini-USB connector. Bring the MP3 player to any electronics store (Radio Shack, Best Buy, Target, Staples, OfficeMax, Office Depot) and show it to a clerk.

It should cost you less than $10 for a new cable.

Dec 21, 2009 | Wewa WMP-132+ (128 MB) MP3 Player

1 Answer

Usb cable

Players use standard USB, Mini USB, or Micro USB. I believe the one in title uses Mini USB cable.
To get a replacement cable go to any computer shop or camera shop and buy a Mini USB cable, take the player with you and show it to the shop assistant to ensure you are buying the right cable.

Jul 05, 2009 | Supersonic SC920FM MP3 Player

1 Answer

Lost USB cable for RCA TH1501 MP3

I have the same unit-it already has a usb connector built in on the end,which folds out.The cable just makes it easier to get the unit out of the way-hope this helps!

Jan 14, 2009 | RCA TH1501(1GB) MP3 Player

3 Answers

Samsung YP-T8 USB Cable

try ebay, they have tons of them

Jun 28, 2008 | Samsung YP-T8 Digital Media Player

1 Answer


you can buy another one... the USB connector is the same as most digital cameras and is inexpensive... you might want to bring the broken cable in when you get a new one so you can make sure you get the right one... there are USB cables that LOOK similar, but theres enough of a difference to where it won't work, so bringing that cable in can help you get the right one... especially if you end up asking the sales clerks for help... good luck

Oct 02, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

318 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5309 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

74887 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides