If this solution was any help at all please rate it as helpfull or fixya. And if you need anything else let me know, you can ask me 24/7 by clicking on the ask me button, I will ansver in most cases within 24hours.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
-checking connectivity to router open command line and type :ipconfig" and hit enter find entry called default gateway you need the ip it is set to now in command prompt "ping GATEWAYIP" (replace GATEWAYIP with the ip from above)
If ping fails you need to check to make sure your router or adapter is not faulty. Or undo any static ip assignments you may have.
If it worked try to run "ping 22.214.171.124" (this will test if router is routing to internet)
If it fails and the step above works you need to power cycle the router or replace if it dosen't work.
Now if everything works so far try this "ping google.com"
if it fails you have a DNS problem you can fix this by useing goggles Free DNS server. How to Link:http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html
If that workes: You may have a Internet explorer related issuse. Fix by Running a Virus Scan Remove any IE toolbars Clear all IE settings
IE toolbars: and IE settings: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd364987.aspx
click on tools on internet explorer at the top, go to internet options, clikc on connection tab, click on LAN settings, and uncheck proxy settings nad click ok. then refresh the page and check if you are online.
It appears you will need a checklist to determine what is the right solution to your friend problem.
1. Does she has an active account with ISP provider?
2. Check to see if the Linksys1 router is functional. Suggestion to connect the Gateway Desktop or the Dell notebook network port to the router via Ethernet cable and see if it has access to the Internet.
3. Operating System? There are different wireless solution but it depends on the version ands service pack level of the operating systems.
4. Keyboard Problem Suggestion Wireless Keyboard - Install fresh batteries Wire Keyboard - Check the wire or clean the keyboard.