Question about Dell Latitude D600 Notebook
You may first try performing the steps mentioned below:
1) Connect the AC adapter into a known working AC outlet and to the DC jack on the notebook.
2) Verify the correct AC adapter is being used, and not a third-party replacement AC adapter.
3) Do not connect the AC adapter to a surge protector or extension cord.
4) If the DC jack on the computer is loose or damaged, the computer may require service.
5) Some AC adapters have a POWER LED indicator and can be confirmed as receiving power by ensuring the LED is lit. If the AC adapter is damaged, or the LED is not lit or continuously flickers when plugged into a working AC outlet, the adapter must be replaced.
6) Attempt to turn on the computer normally.
7) Press and hold the Power Switch for 5 seconds.
8) Remove the battery.
9) Disconnect the AC power adapter.
10) Press and hold the Power Switch for 5 seconds.
11) Connect the AC power adapter.
12) Attempt to turn on the computer.
NOTE: If the computer turns on without the battery, connect and charge the battery for 24 hours.
13) Disconnect all external devices that are connected to the computer.
14) Attempt to turn on the computer.
15) Remove any additional Random Access Memory (RAM) that was installed in the computer.
16) Attempt to turn on the computer.
17) The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue.
If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
Posted on Jul 06, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2016 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Dec 09, 2012 | Plantronics Hp - Pavilion G6-1B79Dx Laptop...
Oct 28, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Nov 03, 2011 | Compaq Presario 2170US Notebook
Jun 07, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 05, 2011 | Sony (VPCEB15FM) Notebook
Feb 06, 2010 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Dec 26, 2009 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HA-PU1X-BK Netbook
232 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!