Question about Canon PowerShot S3 IS Digital Camera
Canon power shot SD1200 is "shaking hand" symbol has an "x" over it
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Please visit the below link to download the required software:
Please select your OS and download the software.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Feb 21, 2010
SOURCE: Hello. I hae a
Unfortunately, this is a common problem on this model. Yet, no resolution other than getting it repaired.
There are a number of things you can try:
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand or other dirt etc
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 2 minutes and refit
If no luck then we have to try some things that could possibly result in damaging your camera so should only be tried if happy to take that risk...
5. Try thumping the camera into your other hand, by thumping into your hand you are trying to jar the mechanism loose, by using your hand you will hopefully not do it too hard or it will hurt. You may need to do this a dozen or so times in different places to work. I have found the flat of the camera bottom into the flat of your hand best..
6. If the lens is stuck in the out position then remove the batteries and try twisting the lens first one way then the other, do not apply excessive force when doing this or you can break gears, you are trying to reposition not force... Likewise if the lens looks like it is crooked you can try pushing it back into position. This has a higher chance of doing more harm than the thump so please be careful...
7. Dismantle the camera, not for the faint hearted, you need to dismantle the lens assembly into the main body of the camera
If no luck then only other option is a serviceman I'm afraid, be sure to get a quotes as camera repairs can be uneconomical
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Aug 28, 2010
SOURCE: card is locked on Canon
SD and SDHC cards have a slide switch along one edge. The position farthest from the contacts locks the card, protecting it from writes. The position nearest the contacts unlocks the card.
If that doesn't do it, try another card.
Posted on Jul 29, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 26, 2011 | Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS / Digital IXUS...
Jul 29, 2011 | Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS / Digital IXUS...
Apr 28, 2011 | Canon Cameras
Aug 21, 2010 | Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS / Digital IXUS...
Jan 01, 2010 | Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS / Digital IXUS...
Dec 18, 2009 | Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS / Digital IXUS...
Oct 21, 2009 | Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS / Digital IXUS...
Oct 21, 2009 | Canon Cameras
Apr 27, 2014 | Canon PowerShot S3 IS Digital Camera
194 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: