Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is called a System Error. It is about the same as the Xjunks ring of death. You need to call Sony if you haven't broken your seal yet.
Posted on Jun 25, 2008
SOURCE: 60gb ps3 wont start up.
Possibly the very common mother board failure. Slight possibility that the power supply is failed, but the capacitors in either component can be tested with capacitor tester and service manual to test for the faulty component.
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
Testimonial: "I found out that I got the YLOD ( Yellow Light Of Death) Thanks for answering"
That yellow light is what us gamers refer to as YLOD.. Its the Yellow Light Of Death. Your system will have to be serviced by Sony. If your system is under warranty still it wont cost you anything but if its not, Sony charges 150.00 dollars to fix/replace it. They will send you a box in the mail to send it to them. Turnovers usually 2-3 weeks. My condolences to you and your PS3. Best of luck to you.
Posted on Oct 24, 2009
This is the yellow light of death i got it some time ago and had to buy a new ps3 there is a way to fix it but i costs more than a new ps3 i had to buy a new one so your screw lol.
Posted on Dec 06, 2009
The PS3 YLoD can be caused by a number of things. Most commonly, it's a result of a hardware failure, overheating, dust build-up inside the system, and occasionally just due to loose cables.
Let's start with the easy stuff first to narrow down the cause. Follow the steps below:
1. Assuming you were playing your PS3 when the YLoD happened, move your PS3 into an open area with a lot of ventilation and let it cool down for 20-30 minutes. Once it's cool, try to turn it back on and see if that helped. If not, go to Step 2.
2. Unplug all of your cables from the PS3 including the A/V and the power cord. Also unplug the power cable from the wall. Now try to plug them all back in and make sure they are all secure. Turn the PS3 back on and check if it's working. If not, go to step 3.
How to Fix PS3 Yellow Light on Your Own
3. Get a vacuum with a hose attachment and vacuum out the vents on the system. Sometimes dust build-up alone can cause your PS3 to stop working properly. You might also want to take one of those cans of air and blow it in there to get some of the stubborn pieces of dust out.
If none of those solutions worked, the problem lies within the PS3 and you will probably need to take it apart to fix it. The most likely scenario is that your heat-shield overheated, the chipsets got shifted due to heat, and your solder could be cracked.
the causes of the yellow light of death
Here are some of the top causes of the PS3 Yellow Light of Death:
* Overheating - The unit gets too hot. Sometimes caused by too much dust buildup in the vents.
* Blu-Ray drive failure.
* Bad power supply.
* Hard-drive critical errors.
* Hardware malfunction on the motherboard - The solder starts to crack due to excessive heating and cooling.
if you have warranty then take it back if you dont then you can either try the repair yourself how ever this is not very easy to do and can cause more harm than good you will need special tools to take it apart and its not easy you also need an understanding of heat seal paste and heat sinks due to this being the part you need to remove and put back
i do the repair for about 25pound plus parts so if you are paying someone to do it then your looking at least that price, i only charge if the problem is fixed so try and get the best price you can.
let me know if you need further assistance ok
plz rate this solution as i have a whole page of unrated posts, thanks
Posted on Sep 18, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 23, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Apr 18, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 20, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 01, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Dec 06, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 24, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 13, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 01, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Aug 27, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
201 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!