Question about HP Pavilion F1703 17" LCD Monitor
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
THis is a problem of the invertor board.If you are technically able you need to disasseble the monitor and resolder components around the red or yellow inverter transformers.
Posted on Mar 04, 2008
SOURCE: problem on hp monitor
I have a Dell E171FPB monitor that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
Try putting pressure on the monitor near the buttons. There might be a short or some type of stress pressing the buttons.
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
Right click on your desktop, go to properties, and navigate to the settings tab. There, try to set the monitors resolution to the largest available. That should fix your problem. If it doesn't just try some other resolutions until ou find one that works. I hope this helps, Yannick.
Posted on Jun 09, 2009
Sounds like one of the front panel buttons is stuck in - possibly the volume down button. If no buttons work, this could be the reason why. Just a guess. If they all feel OK, it may still be worth pulling the back off, (Without electricuting yourself -DISCONNECT POWER!) remove the PCB board that has the buttons on it, and see if it turns on without the menu. If so, check all buttons, rare but I have seen one that looked fine but with a multimeter it showed it wasnt working. If the screen still displays the menu, Id say there is a bigger problem... HTH
Posted on Jun 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2012 | HP w1907 LCD Monitor
May 20, 2010 | HP Pavilion F1503 15" LCD Flat Panel...
Mar 04, 2010 | HP Pavilion a305w (DM181AR) PC Desktop
Nov 14, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv1000 Notebook
Sep 15, 2008 | HP Pavilion F1503 15" LCD Flat Panel...
Apr 29, 2008 | Acer AL1916W 19" LCD Monitor
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!