Question about Hyundai Televison & Video
Kindly submit the question under the Hyundai Excel section on the website by clicking here so that the top automobile experts can view and provide a solution to the problem.
Thanks for using FixYa
Posted on Jul 05, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2014 | 2005 Renault Grand Scenic
Sep 06, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 18, 2014 | Suzuki Cars & Trucks
Jun 24, 2012 | 2001 Chevrolet Suburban
May 28, 2012 | 2006 Hummer H3
1. Park the truck on a level surface and set the parking brake. Place your foot on the brake then put the key in the ignition. Turn the key to the "On" position but do not start the truck.
2. Shift the automatic shift lever to the "1" position and tilt the steering column to its lowest position using the tilt adjustment on the bottom left side of the steering column.
3. Hold the bezel/trim around the instrument cluster and pull it towards you to release the clips holding it to the dashboard. Work your way around the bezel, pulling it as you go, until it's only connected to the dash by wiring. Unplug those wiring harnesses from the back by hand then put the gear shifter back into park. Bring the bezel to a table or counter that you can work on.
4. Turn the bezel onto its face. Locate the headlight switch which should be on the lower right corner of the bezel. There are delicate plastic fingers that hold the switch to the dashboard. Carefully pry these away from the switch with the flat head screwdriver in one hand while pulling the switch away from the bezel with the other until it's free.
5. Push the replacement switch into the bezel until it clicks into place. Then bring the bezel back to the SUV. Put your foot on the brake and shift the shifter into the "1" position again. Plug in the connections on the bezel then push the bezel into place on the dashboard until it clicks. Put the shifter back in park, tilt the column to its desired location and turn the ignition off.
When replacing the connector cut one wire at a time and transfer it to the same position on the new connector, solder and shrink tube each wire, take your time. Remember one wire at a time.
Mar 31, 2011 | 1999 Chevrolet Suburban
Jul 04, 2010 | 1994 Hyundai Excel
Jan 29, 2010 | 2003 Ford Focus
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: