Question about Kenmore 15944 Top Load Washer
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: keep getting f2 signal on
F2 and F02 error are one and the same.
My daughter was doing a load of towels in my Kenmore Elite HE3t front loading machine, when I went back to put them in the dryer the washer had a load of water in it and an error reading of F02. Checked the manual Could not find anything wrong with the Drain Hose?
These are the possibilities for that error code at one web site:
Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.* Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
* Check the electrical connections at the pump and make sure the pump is running.
* Check the drain pump filter for foreign objects.
* If the above does not correct the problem, replace the pump.
F02 is long drain.
Just because it came up doesn't mean there's a problem, it simply means there was a failure during the cycle, if it returns on a regular basis, you have a problem.
F02 error could be caused by the over use of soap, you need to make sure your using 2 tablespoons of HE soap, 1/4 cap at the most.
Over sudsing, could cause the water pump to run longer, the pump is designed for 15 min duty cycle which means, 15 minutes on to 45 minutes off. The computer may sense too much soap, and continue to pump. HE soap will cure that, along with SUD error, possible F09 (overflow condition), you may also notice the timing is wrong, HE soap works well in these machines and F/l washer go hand in hand
if the F02 returns the remove the 3 torx screws from the bottom kick panel, and remove the kick panel, right there in the middle you will see a big round handle, turn it and then slide it out, have some towels ready, there will be some water in there, and check to see if you have any thing in there that will slow water flow, tooth picks and other "floating" items may jam the impeller.
Posted on May 06, 2009
i have the same problem right now today hope some one knows how to fix it ,, have cleaned out bottom hoses and catch pan nothing ..
Posted on Feb 17, 2010
SOURCE: F11 error code on a
"F11" is a Serial Communications error between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and Motor Control Unit (MCU). The CCU is the main computer for the washer and is located directly behind the wash tub. The MCU is the Drive Motor Control board and is located in the rear of the washer adjacent to the Drive Motor on the left-hand side (facing from the rear with the back panel removed). The wiring harness can also cause the error, but it is not as common a problem.
Whirlpool is the manufacturer of both model washers and recommends the following troubleshooting advice. Remove the top panel of the washer by removing the three screws holding it in place in the rear. Once the screws are removed, the panel slides back, then off. Remove the rear panel of the washer for access to the drive motor and MCU. Now check the following:
- Check the wire harness connections between the CCU, the MCU and Drive Motor. Make sure all connections are attached and making good contact. Check for any broken wires or connector pins.
- Check the Drive Motor to see if it free spins and that the belt is still attached and not slipping. If the motor is seized, replace it. If the belt is broken or worn, replace it as well.
- Check the MCU. Connector 1 is the Serial Communications Link between the MCU and CCU. Connector 2 is the connector to the drive motor. Resistance checks across pins 1, 2, & 3 are the motor windings. Connector 3 is the power supply - 120VAC should be read across pins 1 and 2 with the door in the locked position. NOTE: The connectors are read 1, 2, and 3 from the bottom to the top with the MCU installed.
- Check the CCU. Verify connectors 7 and 11 are properly installed. Facing from the front of the washer, connector 7 is the 4th connector from the RIGHT along the front. This is MCU Power. Connector 11 is the Serial Communications link from the CCU to the MCU and is located along the left hand side of the CCU (the connectors are numbered 11 through 14 back to front).
- Check the Drive Motor. Remove the connector and perform resistance checks on the motor connector pins. Readings across pins 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 1 to 3 should read 6 ohms.
In most cases this is an indication of a failed CCU. This is an easy repair that the average do-it-yourselfer can accomplish on their own. If the washer is still under a warranty, parts and labor would be covered. With no warranty, a replacement parts will vary in price depending on where you get them. There are several good websites available that you can order parts on line and have shipped directly to you.
NOTE: Remove all the connectors from the CCU ONE AT A TIME and reconnect to see if the error code goes away BEFORE you decide to purchase a new one. It is not common, but sometimes a flaky connection can generate error codes.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 08, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
May 06, 2012 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
May 17, 2010 | Kenmore 22942 Top Load Washer
Feb 17, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Mar 01, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Nov 17, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
417 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: