Question about Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

STOP WORKING AFTER PUTTIN METAL INSIDE - Microwave Ovens

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Genius:

    An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.

  • Microwave Ovens Master
  • 1,635 Answers

In some models there is an internal fuse or fuse resistor for the high voltage supply. There may also be damage to the magnetron or the high voltage supply.

This is not something that you can probably fix yourself.

Never put any metal in a microwave oven, unless it is supplied by and specified by the manufacture. Never put anything inside that can cause arching (sparks). If so, the oven components can be damaged.

Jerry G.

Posted on Apr 18, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Sharp carousel R-930-AK microwave is sparking how to stop it afraid to use it


Sparking could be caused by something metallic inside the microwave! Check in side for anything metal like foil!

Nov 02, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I have a High Pointe model EM925Bss-s and although the turntable does not work the oven still works. Is this dangerous?


no as long as you never put any metal or foil inside but food won't heat evenly , the turntable can usually be fixed by cleaning out center bearing with Q tip and a shot of oven cleaner this sometimes gets lots of food and grease build up from heavy use machines (usually mass food prep areas) and slows and stops the drive of turntable

Sep 10, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My JVM1350 has metal rack inside. How do I use it. I thought you couldn't have any metal inside.


on the inside of micro.. the rack is supported with plastic clips.. this allows stock part metal rack work

May 26, 2012 | GE JVM1350BW/WW/AW/SY Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Goldstar MV-1310W microwave has sparks flying from the metal plate that's inside on the top.


Microwave ovens do not work well with exposed metal. IF you place uncoated metal in the oven, sparks will occur.
IF the interior of the oven has the metal exposed, it will cause sparking to occur.

There must be NO exposed metal inside a Microwave oven!

Aug 15, 2011 | Goldstar MV-1310W/B Microwave Oven

2 Answers

The plastic cover on the window of the door is peeling. iIs there any danger in this? Other than that the microwave is working perfectly. Does this cover or the microwave have to be replaced?


The plastic cover on the door stops food particles and steam entering the inside part that is not easily cleaned.
That's all.
It is like thick selotape.

Jan 03, 2011 | Emerson 025806092806 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Put a hamburger in to heat, on a paper plate. The interior began to spark. the plate on the Right hand side appears to have a something black and charred (as if a piece of meat or grease has adhered to it)...


Usually the sparks are from exposed metal. Clean the oven, and the table and anything else you can inside. Then just try nuking a cup of water. That gives it something to work with and it won;t make any sparks itself. Then just see if the sparks are gone. If the paint has come off inside the cavity and exposed some metal you can get sparks but that usually means replacing the microwave. If its caused by an object or buildup then a good cleaning stops it.

Oct 10, 2010 | Whirlpool MT1110SKQ 1100 Watts Microwave...

1 Answer

I'm getting a flash inside the oven and the plastic on the inside roof has a burn mark. I removed the plastic cover over the micro wave generator and it did not spark. is the oven dying? It is a 1983 0ver...


It looks like the metal part inside the oven is exposed to the high frequency rf waves. this may sound strange but try coating the metal part with fresh paint. remember no metal inside the oven will stand the waves created inside the oven the spark u see is the waves hitting the exposed metal part inside the oven

Oct 13, 2009 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Same problem - panel out - no light


Open and remove outside panel. Inside next to the plug in (power supply) there will be a glass fuse. Look inside the fuse and see if you can see a thin metal wire running across the entire glass tube. If it does not touch end-to-end, then it should be replaced.
If the fuse is good, then you may have faulty power supply or even bad circuit board.

Jul 20, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Are microwave safe egg poachers doing damage to microwave?


you are not supposed to have any metal in the microwaves for cooking something , as why the other two quit , that is probably why they quit so soon
there is some more exspensive microwaves that can work even when metal is used inside( but these are special types of microwves)

Nov 10, 2008 | Danby DMW1153 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Over the Range Microwave Oven


my microwave oven have inside a a metal papel i remove becouse sparks when turn on .this pece of paper is necesari
thanks
alexas

Jun 15, 2008 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

81 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Are you a Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...