Question about Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Error 50C denotes the Cartridge Error. Remove and reinstall all the print cartridges in your device which may solve your problem sometimes.
If not then please complete the following instructions to resolve your problem:
1. Power off your All-in-One.
2. Use both hands to lift up the scanner unit until the scanner support holds it open.
3. Turn the All-in-One on. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position, unless the All-in-One is busy.
4. Remove the color print cartridge.
5. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
6. If the error message reappears, replace the black print cartridge with a new print cartridge.
If it does not repeat steps 1-3 and then go to step 7.
7. Reinstall the color cartridge and remove the black print cartridge.
8. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
9. If the error message occurs again, replace the color cartridge.
10. If an error message reappears, repeat steps 1-3 and reinstall both print cartridges.
11. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
12. If you receive the error message again, replace both cartridges.
I hope this is helpful in solving your problem.
Posted on Jul 05, 2010
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 27, 2009 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 22, 2009 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 17, 2009 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 31, 2009 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 26, 2009 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 02, 2009 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 23, 2009 | Dell A960 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 09, 2008 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!