Question about Computers & Internet
First things first. Do you have your Windows disk?
If so follow these steps:
1. Insert Windows installation disk.
2. Restart computer and "press any key to boot from CD" when the text appears in the top left.
3. Windows will load all its basic files in order to function, don't worry, at this point nothing is being erased :)
4. It will ask you what you want to do. The options will be 1. Install windows 2. Repair windows using the recovery console 3. exit without installing.
5. Choose install windows, Don't freak! It wont do anything bad. It will now search for existing copies of windows and ask if you want to install a fresh copy or attempt to repair an existing windows installation. That's what you want, attempt to repair the existing windows installation (pressing "R" does this if I remember correctly) It will then begin to copy over all new fresh windows files replacing your old ones but leaving YOUR data(files) intact. After it finishes it will ask you to reboot or wait 15 seconds to reboot. either way works. When it starts up again it will say again "press any key to boot from CD" DO NOT PRESS ANYTHING AT HIS POINT!!! Just let the computer start up as normal.. if this does not work.. let me know and we will find out if the hard drive is bad.. lets hope its not :) It could be something as simple as writing a new MBR or Boot. Either way we'll get to the bottom of it one step at a time! Good Luck!
Posted on Apr 17, 2008
Just install windows over or repair it. Could be simple file corrupt
Posted on Apr 17, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2012 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Feb 28, 2012 | 2002 Volkswagen Passat
Oct 21, 2017 | Packard Bell (190169) Power Supply
Dec 19, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Oct 15, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition for PC
Sep 18, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4730-4947 Notebook
Jul 10, 2009 | UltraLast FOR TOSHIBA SATELLITE A50/55...
Jun 28, 2009 | Casio Parts Cash Register PC Desktop
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!