Question about Linksys WRT120N Router
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
try this resolution provided by me earlier. In any case if this doesnt work, you may initiate a chat with me and we can carr on from there... http://www.fixya.com/support/t139545-configure_router Good luck
Posted on Apr 22, 2007
Open your web browser. Type in 192.168.1.1 into the address bar A dialogue box will pop up. Leave the username field blank and the password is admin. Once the webpage is displayed, scroll down until you find Local IP Address. Change this to 192.168.2.1. Scroll down and click save settings. Now attempt to access the intnernet.
Posted on Dec 24, 2008
To accomplish the setup of the router, you need to be using a computer that is connected directly, harwired, into the router itself. If you don't have two computers, use the laptop but connect it into the router using the ethernet port, and ensure that the wireless on the laptop is off.
Open up your browser window and Enter 192.168.1.1 in your browsers address bar, no HTTP or anything, just the numbers, and press enter. A login box will appear that is asking for a User Name and Password. They are both, in lower case: admin then click on Login. This will take you to the Linksys Setup screen.
You have tabs at the top/center of the screen.
1) Click on the Setup tab and verify that in the drop down box it is set to: Auto Configuration-DHCP.Then verify that the time zone at the bottom is set accordingly. Do not make changes to any other settings on this screen.
2) Click on the Wireless tab at the top. Set the Wireless Network Mode to Mixed
Then choose a Network Name. This is the connection that you will connect your laptop to wirelessly.
Set the Wireless Channel to 11-2.462ghz
At Wireless SSID Broadcast click on Enable
DO NOT EXIT THAT SCREEN
3) Directly above the box where you entered MIXED, click on the sub-tab labeled Wireless Security
Security Mode: WPA2 Personal you can use WEP but WPA2 is more secure. If your laptop has connectivity issues with WPA2, try using WEP.
WPA Algorithms: I use TKIP+AES
WPA Shared Key: This is YOUR network key. Write this down and keep it in a safe place or just remember it. You will need this when you try and connect your laptop wirelessly.
Group Key Renewal: should already be set to a default of 3600
Click on the SAVE SETTINGS button
The last thing I do is I go back through each page and if some changes weren't saved I fill in the appropriate information and click the SAVE SETTINGS button for each page. You shouldn't have to but it doesn't hurt.
Last but not least, go to your laptop ( I would recommend restarting it) and turn on the wireless. You should see your newly created network and after choosing to Connect To A Network, enter your Network Key and you should be good to go.
Hope this helps
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
HI! I bliv u are having some issue setting up ur router.. I will be more than glad to assist u. here are the steps u need to do:
1. your desktop computer can connect to the internet if u pull up a browser. First we need to access the setup page of the router by typing at the url of the browser:192.168.1.1
2. it will show the setup page of the router. u can set the router on the specific internet setup that u have. since the router us setup already u have the internet connection thru the desktop computer using a wired connection..
3. Look for the wireless settings of the router and create first a ssid or wireless network name then u can as well set the wireless security by selecting wep, wpa, wpa2 then tkip.
4. once your done with the wireless settings, check now the settings for the toshiba laptop computer, some laptop wireless network adapter comes up with a software, I have a dell laptop and I dont use the software for the wireless adapter to connect to wireless, I disable it and use the wireless zero configuration of microsoft windows. u can check the wireless adapter software at the lower right corner of the taskbar, u can disable it by right clicking it and there will be an option to select to disable and sometimes there is an option as well to use the wireless zero config. given u already disable the software and there is no option to use the wireless zero config. u can click on start then run and type services.msc and the services tab will pop up and scroll down to the button of the services and u will see the wireless zero config, just right click on that line and enable it. once its enable it will show a wireless icon on the lower right of the task bar its like a little double computer icon, if it does not show, check on ur laptop maybe the wireless switch is off, the switch is located on the sides of the laptop or on the key area or check on ur manual on how to turn on the wireless switch if u cant locate it. once the icon show, right click it and select on view available wireless network and it will list all available network in range included the wireless network that u created, just select it and connect, then it will ask the password, type the password and connect. u should be connected.. I hope this will help u.. pls feel free to get in touch if u have any concern.
Posted on Aug 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2013 | Linksys Wireless-G WAP54G 802.11g/b...
Jan 25, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Nov 03, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Jun 17, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 31, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 24, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Nov 12, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Dec 15, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Sep 16, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: