Question about Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Cartridge Error 50C
Your print cartridge has shorted.
1. Power off your All-in-One and unplug it.
2. Plug in your All-in-One again and turn it on.
3. Uninstall and then reinstall your cartridges.
4. If this does not resolve the issue, try the troubleshooting steps for the other cartridge errors below.
Error: Black Cartridge Missing
The black cartridge is not installed. (Install cartridge PN 82)
Error: Color Cartridge Missing
The color cartridge is not installed (Install cartridge PN 83)
Complete the following instructions:
1. Power off your All-in-One.
2. Use both hands to lift up the scanner unit until the scanner support holds it open.
3. Turn the All-in-One on. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position, unless the All-in-One is busy.
4. Remove the color print cartridge.
5. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
6. If the error message reappears, replace the black print cartridge with a new print cartridge.
If it does not repeat steps 1-3 and then go to step 7.
7. Reinstall the color cartridge and remove the black print cartridge.
8. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
9. If the error message occurs again, replace the color cartridge.
10. If an error message reappears, repeat steps 1-3 and reinstall both print cartridges.
11. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
12. If you receive the error message again, replace both cartridges.
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
SOURCE: Lexmark 5150
I went to the Lexmark site and downloaded the manual. Looked for my problem 'Cartridge Error 50c' and found that my color ink was empty. It took some playing around, but that was it.
Posted on Aug 12, 2008
Your printer cartridge has shorted. Follow this link to read what you can do to fix it...
Posted on Aug 13, 2009
SOURCE: cartridge error 50C
Resetting purge counter:
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC210C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine's log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Posted on Jan 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2011 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 16, 2011 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 20, 2010 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 05, 2010 | Lexmark X6150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jan 11, 2010 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Sep 01, 2009 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 13, 2009 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 11, 2009 | Lexmark X6100 Flatbed Scanner
Nov 22, 2008 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 29, 2014 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
87 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!