Question about Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office All-in-One InkJet Printer
Getting 6C10 error on pixma mx870 printer
It's probably a waste absorber issue.
A fix from FixYa Support:
1. Start with printer off
2. Press and hold resume Button (triangle in the circle) and click "Power" button. Green led should be on
3. While holding the Power button, release the Resume Button.
4. Without releasing the Power Button, click "Resume" button for two times and release Both Buttons.
5. Click "Resume" for four times then soon click "Power" button, to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber).
6. Turn off the printer and turn on again
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
Try keeping the paper only in the bottom tray (there's a tray in the bottom) Try pulling any paper out of the top and just close that top tray. Open up the head so that u can see the ink cartridges and turn the printer on and off and maybe it will center itself again. If it's still not working (even if lights aren't red and print head wont align in the center) try manually moving the head back and forth like 18 times so you can lubricate that rail in the back that's holding it. After that, re-turn it off and on again.
Posted on Aug 02, 2010
The solution i have found for this is to remov the print head and clean it manually with a Q-tip and either rubbing alcohol or commercial degreaser (depending on what you have available). This error is caused by ink sticking to the print head due to irregular cleaning of it.
1. Get your printer so that it is at the "home" screen. To do this you may have to follow the procedure at http://www.fixya.com/support/t5998845-error_code_6c10_mean
2. Open the lid of your printer and remove the ink cartridges, carefully placing them upside down on a surface you don't mind possibly dirty-ing up a bit.
3.. Remove the Print Head. This can be done by flipping up the grey arm that closest to you on the head assembly. Once the arm is pppped up, remove the print head itself (the black object towards the back of the assembly.
5: on the bottom of the print head that you have just removed, use a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol / degreaser to clean the ink off of it. Be careful not to put to much pressure on anything.
6. Throw it all back together and you should be good to go.
Posted on Jan 19, 2011
Printer error on cannon mx870
Posted on Oct 26, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2012 | Canon Pixma Mx870 All-in-one Inkjet...
Oct 08, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP620 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 10, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office...
Feb 23, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 23, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office...
Jan 19, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 02, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office...
Jan 07, 2017 | Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office...
7,122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: