Question about Computers & Internet
To change the transfer drum please do the followings:
1. Open rear access cover.
2. Protect the surface of the transfer drum by covering it with paper.
3. Push the transfer drum up and forwards from the transfer unit side. see picture below:
4. Release the transfer drum from the shaft supports.
5. Pull up and remove the transfer drum from the top of the printer.
- For easier removal, push the drum upwards and diagonally forwards.
- When re-assembling the transfer drum, slide the drum shaft between the metal plates and ensure the drum is fully located into the correct retaining position.
- Do not touch the transfer drum surface with your bare hands or scratch it. Protect the drum surface during handling.
Hope this helps.
Waiting your comments.
Posted on Jul 04, 2010
You could download the service manual from :-
It would have all the details including how to change the drum.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Jul 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 05, 2014 | Brother Hl-2250dn 2400 X 600 Dpi Laser 26...
Jul 26, 2014 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Apr 21, 2011 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Jan 08, 2010 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Jun 17, 2009 | Konica Minolta magicolor 2400 Laser...
Apr 01, 2009 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
Mar 23, 2009 | Brother HL 1250 Laser Printer
Feb 27, 2009 | Brother HL 1440 Laser Printer
Feb 26, 2009 | Brother HL 5250DN Laser Printer
Sep 13, 2008 | Brother HL-2040 Laser Printer
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!