Question about Microwave Ovens
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: oven turns off
You are running the risk of damaging the Magnatron by doing this.
Check the packets you are using, you will have to reduce your power output.
This is because microwaves act by being absorbed by water. There is very little in popcorn and in fat. Once this has been evaporated, the microwave energy builds up (as it is still being produced - but not absorbed), and ends up cooking the magnatron itself.
I have seen countless posts on here after cooking popcorn!
More fun on the hob anyway - and cheaper to buy in bulk!
Posted on Jun 21, 2008
determined from whirlpool that the f2 display is from the control circuit board. the board's problem is intermittent and needs eventually replacing. not covered by warranty. determined that whirlpool has reduced the warranty for the electronic circuits in its appliances from 5 to 1 year. this is great for consumer confidence in whirlpool. have had trouble with 2 other new whirlpool appliances. probably will not buy another whirlpool appliance.
Posted on Aug 04, 2008
SOURCE: magic chef microwave shuts down
We had the same problem with our brand new Magic Chef. Before going through the trouble of taking it back I called Home Depot. After talking to a Home Depot Rep I am told that the overheat sensor is under the glass plate directly beneath the popcorn bag. Popcorn gets very hot and the heat of the popcorn causes the sensor to shut the machine down. I would imagine this would be the same for a baked potato.
Very poor design.
I was told to put a microwave safe plate down and put the popcorn bag on it. This should help to reduce the heat and not trip the sensor.
A safety sensor is great, but not if it keeps tripping the machine and shutting down!
Posted on Sep 17, 2008
you have one of three problems (H.V. diode shorted or leaky, H.V.capicitor shorted, or the magnrtron tube is beginning to draw excessive current)if thats the case its not usually worth spending that for the mag.,the other two items aren't that expensive
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
Sounds like its possibly overheating and causing a thermal shut down, possibly drawing more power then was designed and also causing the shut down. In any case there are no user servicable parts in a microwave. I would have it replaced or repaired if cost effective. In any event it poses a serious danger due to microwave rays and possibly the leakage of those rays. I would recommend not using the microwave due to safety concerns
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 22, 2012 | Magic Chef Microwave Ovens
Apr 07, 2012 | Magic Chef CMV1100 Microwave Oven
Jun 28, 2010 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Dec 23, 2009 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Jun 07, 2009 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Dec 10, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Nov 24, 2008 | Maytag MMC5000 Microwave Oven
Jul 31, 2008 | Emerson MW8626W Microwave Oven
Apr 11, 2008 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!