Question about Hayward SAND FILTER, PRO SERIES

1 Answer

How do you get the Trimline Ball Valve off?

The round ball in the ball valve is leaking and I've been told the whole piece needs replacing. How do you "unscrew" it from the filter? It is an older model and I don't think there's a wrench made big enough to get it off.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 760 Answers

First if it isn't cracked you should be able to remove the screws from the top and replace gaskets inside. There are two types the clamp ones and the threaded ones. The threads get difficult with plastic on plastic (or fiberglass) and sand in the threads. If it is indeed no longer of any use, thread a piece of 1-1/2" pipe in the vale openings. Apply some type of lube to soak into the threads. Get an assistant to hold the filter , while you use that pipe as a large wrench to remove valve. REMEMBER LEFTY LOOSEY. That valve will be rather expensive,and not easy to locate. Try repairing it first.

Posted on Jul 04, 2010


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

3 Answers

Ball valve leaking

Probably need to re-pack the stem with stem packing thread

May 11, 2014 | Plumbing


How to fix a flush valve

  • Most toilet tank troubles can be traced to a faulty flush valve. You have three choices in correcting this common problem: (1) repair the old flush valve; (2) replace the flush ball with a more modern flapper or install a glued-in replacement flapper; (3) or install a new flush valve.

  • These repairs require a varying amount of work. The more simple adjustments were discussed previously.

  • Examine the old flush ball or flapper. If it is aged or encrusted with deposits, replace it with a new one. Scale deposits on the seat can be removed with steel wool or with No. 500 wet-or-dry abrasive paper. But if the valve still leaks, it must be replaced.

  • You can install a new guide arm, if necessary. To remove the lift wire from a flush ball, turn it counterclockwise with pliers. If you are replacing all parts, simply cut off the old lift wire.

  • Flapper. To replace a flapper, disconnect the lift hardware from the trip arm and slide the flapper up and off the overflow pipe. Install the new unit, reversing directions, and connect the lift hardware back to the trip arm. Any excess lift chain can be cut off or left dangling, if it doesn't interfere with toilet operation.

  • A loose trip handle can be fixed by tightening. The nut has left-hand threads, and must be turned counterclockwise to tighten (looking from inside the tank). Or, you can install a replacement trip handle.

  • Glue-in repair kit. Many replacement flush valves simply glue in place on top of the old valve seat. While several brands are available, not every type of flush can be replaced by these devices.

  • On single-piece toilet tanks–with a flush valve held in place with flanges that fit inside the opening–the flapper-ball may bind and prevent a leak-proof seal. On more common two-piece toilets, this problem does not occur.

  • Using a glue-in repair kit is quick and easy, but you must follow the manufacturer's instructions. To be sure you purchase the right kind of repair kit, take a rough drawing of the bottom of your toilet tank and flush valve to your hardware or home center store.

on Jan 16, 2010 | Plumbing

1 Answer

Saniflo ball valve replacement

Here is a nice link for your saniflow maintenance.
This will definately help.

Dec 29, 2012 | Saniflo SaniPlus-Round SaniPlus Macerator...

1 Answer

I have a hayward CL220BR brominator on a 750 gallon spa in a overfeeds the bromine.i've changed the check valve and setting dial and still overfeeds.this happens every few there...

Ristrict the flow of water thru even more...We've put a tee in a line then a stubby piece of PCV into a ball valve then another stub about 6 inches long and a cap. Tie the inlet line into this stub and partially close the ball valve.


May 20, 2011 | Hayward Offline Brominator

2 Answers

Eljer 0220 toilet leaks from tank to bowl, then fill valve spurts out water from top and around the edges, and also through the tube that goes to the overflow. Replaced the flapper, but still leaks. Also...

When the tank is full and leaking into the bowl reach in and put slight pressure on the flapper and if the leak stops then you may have the wrong flapper or the flapper is not installed properly. If that is not the case then make sure the flush valve seat is not cracked or that the surface is not warped.

Mar 05, 2011 | Eljer 091-0220-00 White Savoy Two-Piece...

1 Answer

Pump won't pick up cleaning fluid thru plastic suction tube.. Troy Built with 5 hp engine

The suction tube connects to a small brass piece that has a ball valve. When pump pushes water down hose, it creates suction on the ball valve. The ball valve has to be the right size. Too large, no suction, too small, no suction. The entire world of electronics is based on similar principle.

When the ball valve wears out, or gets clogged, the pump pressure is not able to lift fluid. Try cleaning valve, but my bet is you need a new part with the ball valve.

Oct 06, 2010 | Garden

1 Answer

Gun completly rebuilt leaking small amount of air out trigger

Check if air is actually leaking from the plunger valve. (check with soapy water) If leaking from plunger valve check outer orings to cylinder guide and cylinder plate. Small cuts to these orings will cause leak by trigger. If trigger is actually leaking then replace vinyl ball and rubber seat. Good luck with your repair and post again if you have other questions.

Feb 23, 2010 | Hitachi NV83A2 Full Round Head Coil Wire...

1 Answer

Even when I turn my water suppy off going to my

First of all, your shut off must be defective. Secondly, if you have the ball float style toilet valve, try lifting up on ball, and see if that stops the flow. If it does, there is adjustment there at end by valve, you can tighten screw. If that doesn't do it, you can carefully bend rod attached to valve with ball on end, by holding it at both ends of the rod itself, and bend it downward. If either doesn't stop the flow, you probably need a new tank valve, such as one in picture that I use quite often. Easy to replace, works good, but you will need to get that water shut off at some other location if that shut-off is not working right.This might be a good time to replace that as well.83e1596.jpg

Dec 30, 2009 | American Standard Colony 2388.012.222...

1 Answer

A/c valve leak

if its the ball valve kind. you would change the whole valve its just a screw on. if its a schrader valve just unscrew it with a valve core remover. the refrigerant has to be evacuated first.....

Nov 03, 2009 | 2001 Chevrolet Suburban

1 Answer

Kohler Forte Single Handle Faucet Leaks

you will have to replace the ball assembly with a repair kit
1 turn the water off under the sink (hot and cold)

remove the handle ( you may need an allen head wrench to remove a hex screw or you may have to take a channel lock pliar and unscrew achrome
nut over the ball mechanism

after the handle comes off there is usually some type of lock nut that you must remove to remove the ball mechanism

remove the ball (usually chrome or brass(ther are usually little springs and rubber washers under ball

take ball and washer to ACe or lowes and match the pieces (usually sold as a kit

follow directions and installl

turn water on and pat yo!ur self on the back !

Nov 12, 2008 | Kohler Forte entertainment remote valve...

Not finding what you are looking for?

Related Topics:

48 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Hayward Pool & Spa Experts

Jay Finke
Jay Finke

Level 3 Expert

1368 Answers

Bill Jordan

Level 2 Expert

372 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

12744 Answers

Are you a Hayward Pool and Spa Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides