Question about Computers & Internet
1. I purchased a new ink cartridge from Staples two weeks ago, with a color one (95/98).
2. The black cartridge is registering as empty. Color is near full. I have not been doing extreme printing.
3. I have cleaned and aligned the print heads.
4. Still shows empty.
5. This is the third cartridge that this has happened with, so I think the cartridge is fine. The printer seems to be unable to release or detect the ink in the cartridge.
6. Print pages are fine now, but if like the last two it will start to get blotchy.
I reinstalled the drivers. The ink still registers as empty. Is this anything fixable?
Any other ideas?
Still need a solution for this problem?
Is it an HP printer? We had the same problem at work with print cartridges purchased at Staples. They have a major quality control problem. Your new print cartridge may be empty or dried out (died on the shelf). It's my problem at work, as I have over 80 HP deskjets, and Purchasing still insists on buying the Staples cartridges rather than the HP.
Sometimes if you shake a print cartridge really hard it may correct the problem. However, I would buy or borrow a black HP print cartridge and try it out in your printer. Works almost every time on the job. Good luck.
Posted on Apr 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2014 | Dell Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2013 | Dell Studio XPS 8100 PC Desktop
Jan 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Nov 22, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 03, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Sep 25, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Sep 15, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Aug 25, 2008 | HP Computers & Internet
161 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!