Question about Computers & Internet
The Address bar may be missing (lost) in Internet Explorer if the Toolbar settings are set to remove the Address bar, or if there is a problem with a registry key.
To restore the missing address bar (show address bar/display disappeared address bar), you can change the Toolbar settings or delete the WebBrowser registry key.
To change the Toolbar settings:
• Start Internet Explorer, click View and then point to Toolbars.
• If there is not a check mark next to Address Bar, click Address Bar to place the check mark. If there is a check mark next to Address Bar, click Address Bar to remove the check mark, and then click Address Bar to place the check mark.
• If the Address bar is in the upper right corner and not available, right-click Address, and then click Lock the Toolbar to remove the check mark.
• Click Address, and then drag the Address bar where you want it. If it doesn't work, you can delete the WebBrowser registry key.
To delete the WebBrowser registry key:
• Click Start Select 'Run' from the 'Start' menu.
• In the Run dialogue box type 'regedit' and click 'OK'.
• Locate the following registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
• Right-click the WebBrowser key, click Delete, and then click Yes.
• Open Internet Explorer and then select View -> Toolbars. The toolbar default settings are restored.
NOt: If you can't find the commands please write me the name and version of your browser. I can explain according to that browser. (internet explorer, firefox, google chrome etc.)
Hope this helps.
Waiting your comments.
Posted on Jul 03, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 19, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2014 | TP-LINK TPLink TLWA5210G 24GHz High Power...
Sep 06, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 24, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 23, 2010 | Zhone (6218-I2-200) Router
Mar 14, 2010 | D-Link High-Speed 802.11g Wireless PCI...
Apr 11, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 54Mbps Wireless Router...
Feb 16, 2006 | D-Link Express EtherNetwork DI-604 Router
Nov 20, 2017 | The Computers & Internet
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!