Question about Canon PC-1080F Plain Paper Laser Fax
Do you mean to get the paper document back out of the machine? If it doesn't feed out automatically, it may need to be repaired.
If you mean that you want confirmation that a fax was sent, you can turn on the TX (Transmit) REPORT. This will print out the first page of a fax sent successfully.
1. Press the Additional Functions button.
2. Use the arrows to select FAX SETTINGS. Press the Set button.
3. Use the arrows to select REPORT SETTINGS. Press Set.
4. Use the arrows to select TX REPORT. Press Set.
5. Use the arrows to select OUTPUT YES. Press Set.
6. Press the Stop/Reset button.
The machine will automatically print an Activity Report after every 20 faxes (sent or received). If you want an Activity Report at any time:
1. Press the Function button.
2. Press Report button (number 03 on the left side of the keypad)
3. Use the arrows to select ACTIVITY REPORT.
4. Press the Set button.
Posted on Apr 17, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2013 | Canon FAX-JX200
Oct 05, 2010 | Brother Fax Machines
Mar 30, 2009 | Sharp UX 355L Plain Paper Thermal transfer...
Nov 14, 2008 | Brother IntelliFAX 4100 Laser Fax
May 05, 2008 | Canon FAXPHONE L170 Plain Paper Laser
Below is for when you are using machine in fax mode, is that how you use it or are you also using the answering machine function? ie TAD mode
If desired, you can change the number of rings on which the fax machine
answers incoming calls in FAX mode. Any number from 2 to 5 can be
1 Press FUNCTION once and 3 times.
To select FAX mode, press
(with no document
in the feeder) until the arrow in
the display points to FAX.
Using TEL Mode
2 Press once and once.
3 Press once.
4 Enter the desired number of rings (any
number from 2 to 5).
Example: 3 rings
5 Press to return to the date and time display.
Note: If you are using Distinctive Ring, the fax machine will answer calls after
two rings regardless of the above setting.
Oct 16, 2007 | Fax Machines
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: