Question about Computers & Internet
Try the following:
1. Click on Start
2. Right click My Computer
3. Select Manage from the resulting menu
4. In the Computer Management window, select Device Manager
5. In the right pane, click to expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
6. Identify your CD/DVD drive in the expanded menu and right click the appropriate drive
7. Select Properties
8. In the Properties windows, click the Advanced Settings tab
9. In the Transfer Mode box that represents your CD/DVD drive (typically Device 1), open the drop down menu and select PIO Only
10. Click OK and exit all windows.
If this does not resolve your issue, then you will need to go back using the above procedure and change the Device 1 in step #9 back to "DMA if available". Then, change Device 0 to "PIO Only" in the Transfer Mode box.
Device 0: Primary IDE Channel
Device 1: Secondary IDE Channel
After you change your settings, make sure you restart your system so that the computer recognizes the changes you have made. After you reboot, check the settings to make sure they are in effect. If they are, your device should now work properly.
Posted on Apr 17, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2016 | Tablets & eReaders
Jul 30, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 05, 2009 | LG GH22NS50 22X DVDRW SATA Drive OEM...
Oct 16, 2009 | Toshiba Style Bay DVD-RAM Drive Kit...
May 21, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Apr 17, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Dec 11, 2008 | LG Shine KE970 Cellular Phone
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!