If there is no picture on the TV screen: Back to top
If the DVD or Blu-ray Disc™ (BD) cannot be played, or the picture is distorted: Back to top
- Check that the input mode of the TV is appropriate for the connector in use on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
- There may be a problem with the cable in use. Try using another cable that is compatible with the PLAYSTATION®3.
the video output settings on the PLAYSTATION®3 do not match those of
the cable or TV in use, there may be no picture. If the screen goes
blank, turn off the system.
- Then, with only the PLAYSTATION®3 and the TV connected,
touch the system's power button for more than 5 seconds to turn the
system back on. The video output settings will automatically be reset
to the standard resolution.
- When outputting DVD content or PLAYSTATION®3 system format
software in SD resolution, only discs recorded in the NTSC standard can
- If the PLAYSTATION®3 is connected to a VCR or a
combination TV/VCR unit, copy protection encoding on some DVDs and BDs
may cause image distortion, or may cause the image to become lighter or
darker. In such cases, connect the system to the TV directly.
- If the DVD or BD does not match the region code set in the PLAYSTATION®3, it cannot be played.
DVDs are preset with parental control restrictions. Enter the password
that was set in "Security Settings" to temporarily increase the viewer
age restriction level.
- Some BDs are preset with parental control restrictions.
Enter the password that was set in "Security Settings" to change the
parental control level.
- The BD may be disc-locked. Enter the password that was set when the disc was created.