Question about Keurig Elite B40 Coffee Maker
Which descaling product do I use and where do I get it?
Per Pages 9 and 10 of Keurig Model B40 Use and Care Guide,
1) turn off the "Auto Off "feature
2) fill empty water reservoir with 48 ozs of undiluted white vinegar.
3. Place ceramic cup on the drip tray and run a brew cycle. Do not use a K-cup!
4. Press the large mug Button
- let Keurig coffee maker fill mug with vinegar & empty in sink.
5. Repeat brew process until water reservoir of vinegar is empty. (remember to open and close lid between each cycle so large mug Button will flash.
6. Rinse the water reservoir thoroughly and fill with fresh water.
7. FINAL STEP RINSE CYCLE
a) place a ceramic cup on the drip tray
b) run regular brew cycles WITHOUT using a K-cup.
c) pour rinse water into sink each time.
d) repeat brew process until water reservoir is empty.
d) perform additional rinse cycles if you notice any residual vinegar taste.
e) if the red "De-scale" light remains illuminated after completing descale and rinse cycles, repeat the descaling procedure above.
Otherwise - you're good to go!
Posted on Jul 24, 2008
Unfortunately I surrendered and bought a new Keurig.
Low and behold, enclosed in the box were these same directions. When I emailed the Kuering sight they had no suggestions. Hummmmm!
The Masiello Group Real Estate
137 Portsmouth Ave
Exeter, NH 03833
Posted on Jul 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 27, 2015 | De'Longhi EDG200T Nescafe Dolce Gusto...
Jun 12, 2011 | Mr. Coffee BVMCPSTX91
Oct 28, 2010 | Braun Tassimo Espresso Machine/Coffee...
Oct 10, 2010 | DeLonghi Esclusivo Magnifica ESAM3300...
Jun 24, 2010 | DeLonghi Esclusivo Magnifica ESAM3300...
Feb 04, 2010 | Braun Tassimo Espresso Machine/Coffee...
Mar 26, 2009 | Braun Tassimo Coffee Maker
Feb 24, 2008 | Keurig Elite B40 Coffee Maker
Feb 22, 2008 | Saeco Magic De Luxe Espresso Machine
If the machine is digital you will go into the menu and reset the option that says signal descale. The machine does not know if you descaled it or not, you will have to tell it.
If it is not digital, hold the steam or descaler button(depends on model) down until the light goes off.
Hope this helps!
Sep 23, 2007 | Saeco 762111651808 Espresso Machine
1,768 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!