Question about Royal 10X Shredder
Only one of the gears has a tooth damaged. This gear is one of the large metal gears (about the fourth reduction starting at the motor helical drive shaft gear) The gear pitch diameter is about 2 1/4 in od x .375 in face. This is the one with the hex head drive shaft. Is there a place where I can obtain a replacement part?
The original unit must have been a misbuild because the origin of the problem was one of the four screws that secure the drive motor had come out and jammed in the gear that is damaged. Screw appears to be a #10-32 x 3/4 in long. Unit now works but clunks as it cycles past the damaged tooth. It will damage other gears if this continues.
mod Royal PCUA-25053U
Call royal spare parts department at 1800-222-2310 they will ship you a gear for about $6 + shipping
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
1-2 Shift Solenoid Valve
3-4 Shift Valve Bore Plug
Burned, slipping, missing
4th Servo Cover
4th Servo Pin
4th Servo Piston
4th Servo Seals
Rolled, cut or damaged
Slipping or No Fourth Gear
Slipping or No Fourth Gear Checks
DEFINITION: A large engine RPM increase is noted in fourth gear, Drive range, with little or no vehicle forward speed increase. First, second, and third gear operation are normal. Shifts into fourth gear are soft or do not occur. Fourth gear ratio is 0.705:1.
Automatic Transmission Fluid Level
Low fluid level
Transmission Main Line Pressure
Low transmission main line pressure
Oil Filter Assembly
• The oil filter assembly (100) is missing, plugged, or damaged.
• The oil filter seal assembly (101) is missing or is damaged.
Control Valve Body Assembly
• The 3-4 shift valve (362) or the 4-3 manual downshift valve (360) is stuck or binding.
• Debris is found in the passages of the control valve body (301) or of the control valve body spacer plate and gasket assembly (396)
Case Cover Assembly
Distortion or damage occurs at the manual valve (404) or at the case cover (401), causing PRN oil leak.
Driven Sprocket Support Assembly
A plugged third clutch oil passage in the driven sprocket support assembly (609)
Fourth Clutch Assembly
• The clutch plates (500-502) are worn, damaged, or misassembled.
• A missing or not seated fourth clutch spring retaining ring (601)
• A damaged spring assembly (602) or piston (603)
• Worn or damaged fourth clutch piston seals (604, 605)
Third Clutch Sprag Assembly
• The sprag (720) was misassembled or backwards on the inner race (661).
• A damaged third clutch sprag assembly (653, 661, 719-721)
Dec 06, 2015 | Pontiac Cars & Trucks
Oct 19, 2010 | Royal Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 09, 2010 | Royal Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 10, 2010 | Royal AG15X Shredder
Feb 03, 2010 | Royal Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 24, 2010 | Royal VF-800 Shredder
Jun 05, 2009 | Royal 15MX Shredder
Feb 16, 2009 | Royal 10X Shredder
Oct 14, 2008 | Royal JS800 Shredder
May 19, 2014 | Royal 10X Shredder
1,073 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: