Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
SOURCE: Hello, When I tried to
If you are in the USA, go on the internet to www.usa.canon.com. Select the DOWNLOADS tab, and follow the instructions on the DOWNLOAD LIBRARY page to find your printer. Once you are on the PIXMA iP1500 page, left click on the DRIVERS AND DOWNLOADS tab. Under DRIVERS/SOFTWARE SELECTION , choose your new computers oprating system in the drop-down window. You will then see updated drivers and software you can download for free. Just click on the red highlighted download file you want, and follow the onscreen inspructions.
Posted on Jul 18, 2008
If you do not have the disk you must download the software from Internet, follow instructions below,
LEXMARK : Official Lexmark Drivers and Software
CANON : Official Canon Drivers and Software or Canon USA:DRIVER & DOWNLOADS
A web page will open, follow instructions, select model, select operative system etc., and click on download .
Chose to download the file in my documents when asked.
After downloading, find the file,double click on the file ,then if you get in troubles, follow the instructions below to reset and reinstall drivers:
Posted on Nov 24, 2008
Yes. But you must download annd install additional software. See below:
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
Ideally the CD you have should contain the drivers.
Still if you dont find them there, Please click on the link below and you will find the drivers on this website.
I hope i have answered you question fully.
Please rate the support offered to you if you find it useful.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Posted on Apr 06, 2009
SOURCE: Canon Pixma ip1500 printer
1. Clean your print head using denatured alcohol solvent which can be purchased from most hardware stores. If unavailable, use 91% Alcohol (isopropyl alcohol (first aid antiseptic) which is available for less than a dollar at most Walmart pharmacy departments.
*Warning: You may want to use a pair of latex exam gloves as this is a messy process and can stain your fingers.
Time necessary 45-50 minutes
Isopropyl Alcohol or denatured alcohol
sink, bowls and or basin
can of compressed air
very small screw driver
tablespoon or baby bulb type syringe
1. Lift print head from printer. It pulls out easily because it is held in with the same down lever that holds the cartridge in place.
2. Put two layers of paper towels in the bottom of a dish to protect sensitive sprayer heads.
3. Put enough solvent in dish to cover the screens on which the cartridges sit when in use.
4. Take the two small screws out that hold the white ceramic piece
5. Gently, pry the ceramic piece back and away , to reveal the underside (No need to pull away the glued points on the sides.)
6. Gently, move head up and down to slosh solvent around it the best as you can. Use a table spoon or syringe to pour solvent over all orifices in the print head, turning it upside down and then back a few times.
7. Use canned air with a plastic straw to blow into and through all orifices, alternately sloshing/swishing and pouring solvent over head (be careful not to touch any of the holes, screens, or sprayer heads with anything)
8. Empty dirty solvent from bowl and replace with paper towels and clean solvent. Soak for approx 10 minutes. Rinse again with clean solvent poured directly on all parts, letting solvent overrun and fall into dish or basin.
9. Gently shake the solvent off the head, take it outside and spray with compressed air into all orifices to clear out and help evaporate any remaining solvent. Let sit on a clean paper towel for approx 20 minutes. (There may be a little ink bleeding out of the head, but once it dries completely it does not present any problems.
10. Reinstall head, cartridges and it will print like a new printer.
Try this solution to reset the ink tank , it should work for most pixmas and several other Canon printers.
Posted on Mar 31, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 29, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 05, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 06, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS F60 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 18, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 07, 2007 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Sep 27, 2007 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!