Question about ASUS M2N-MX Motherboard
I flashed the bios with the latest bios v1004 from the dl section of the asus site but during post the error "cpu not support comes up" and cannot flash to a lower version as the current bios prevents this.i reflashed with the same version to no avail...is it possible this bios is not intended for this motherbord as the file name is M2NX1004.zip
cpu: amd athlon x2 6000+
I got it :-)
Damn Asus , it was a hard session ;-)
1. Make an ISO from your original Asus CD denn insert (with isobuster or something) the Bios Firmware 1004 in the main Dir name the file M2N-MX.ROM
2.Burn a Second disc with the 0804 Bios ROM also rename the 0804 Rom to M2N-MX.ROM
3. Go to EZ FLASH with ALT + F2 and then insert the 1004 CD wait till Erasing is ready Then Turn OFF your PC :-) so you crashed the bios thats what you need to run the embeded CrashFRee Tool
4 After you turn your PC on insert the 0804 CD then it flashes the this Rom and we are Happy :-)
mfg Eddi Hope this helps someone
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
1. How to flash original bios from motherboard cd
put original drivers cd into, restart hold "Alt Gr" and "F2"
to start EZ-flash utility on board then it will load auto the cd
and will instal original bios rom from motherboard driver cd named M2N-MX.ROM
2. Downgrade, upgrade bios install Asus Update utility for win7
( for xp instal xp version from motherboard cd) stick to options downgrade, or not if upgrade and flow the installation work for downgrade !!!
3. Upgrade AFUDOS Upgrade only, sing AFUDOS, use rw cd/dvd using nero burning rom utility create boot cd or dvd and drag fowder bios containing files AFUDOS and M2N number.ROM then burn the cd. Restart and boot from cd starting msdos comand: (F:\ ) pres enter, (cd bios) enter, (dir) enter to see the files, to flash (afudos /iM2Nnumber.ROM) for more info see youtube videos
4. How to downgrade from protected from last bios M2NMX1004 is protected from downgrade, you already have installed the protected rom, burn boot cd or dvd from part 3 on my exponential with the same rom and reinstall the same rom but when you see erase and rewrite start cut the power from cable or back power button then you will corrupt the bios and using original board driver cd into start and press Alt GR and F2 to start EZ-flash utility on board, then it will load auto the cd and will install original bios rom from motherboard driver cd named M2N-MX.ROM
5.After that use new Asus Update utility for win7 from softpedia.com is compitable witw win7 to downgrade, upgrade bios my DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2900 MHz 5600+ work ferfec with version bios M2N-MX0302, all other version have usb problem with linux storage no usb 2.0 detected cannot transfer faster !
Bay the way part me for my bad english i decide to post my experience to help to other, like other post help me many times ...
Than You and good look!
bios roms M2N-MX
Posted on Aug 14, 2014
I am having the same problem. I have a AMD 6 gig and flashed my bios to ver 1004. I can not get to a post to select boot from CD and get the CMOS checksum bad for CPU supported. Unable to get to a F12 to select boot option to try and use the flash utility? Any Ideas?
Posted on Nov 08, 2008
Guest:de_assassin. login info was on the other pc
Posted on Apr 22, 2008
Thanks for the help..decided it was easyer just to get a new bord. needed to upgrade anyway :D. got the gigabyte ga-m57sli-s4
Posted on Apr 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2011 | ASUS P5PE-VM Motherboard
Jan 27, 2010 | ASUS P5PE-VM Motherboard
Dec 19, 2009 | ASUS P5PE-VM Motherboard
Oct 16, 2009 | ASUS motherboard P5S-MX SE LGA775 SiS671FX...
Jul 19, 2009 | ASUS MB P5KPL-CM C2D LGA775 INTELG31 ICH7...
May 04, 2009 | ASUS MB P5KPL-CM C2D LGA775 INTELG31 ICH7...
Dec 31, 2008 | ASUS P4P800SE Motherboard
791 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!