I would like simple steps to transfer VHS to DVD on my Toshiba DVR620KY. I want to copy with the unit alone. Would appreciate your help.
Please follow the instructions below to record from VHS to DVD. You may not be able to record from some pre-recorded VHS cassettes due to copyight protection embedded into the recording. You should stick some tape over the copy-protection tab on cassettes prior to recording if the tab has been removed. On some cassettes, there may be a slide switch which needs to be moved to the record/rec position. All pre-recorded cassettes will have the copy-protection tab removed.
1. Switch on the TV and DVD/VCR and select the correct input on the TV for the player.
2. Set the player for the recording direction, i.e. VCR to DVD . . .
- Press the SETUP key on the Toshiba remote to open the on-screen menu
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight GENERAL SETTING then press ENTER
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight RECORDING then press ENTER
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight DUBBING MODE then press ENTER
- Use the UP/DOWN arrow keys to highlight VCR > DVD then press ENTER
- Press the SETUP key again to close the on-screen menu
3. Press VCR to select VCR mode.
4. Insert the cassette you wish to record and fast-forward or rewind it to the position where you want to start recording from. Allow at least 5 seconds extra if not starting the recording from the beginning of a cassette.
5. Press PLAY then press PAUSE immediately.
6. Press DVD to select DVD mode
7. Insert a blank DVD
8. Press the REC MODE button to select the recording mode (XP / SP / LP, etc)
9. Press the DUBBING key to start the recording.
You can watch the VCR while it's recording. When you reach the point where you want the recording to end, press the STOP key. You do not need to repeat step 2 every time you record. The player will stay in VCR > DVD recording mode unless you change it.
Hopefully, you will now be able to record from VCR to DVD. If you need further assistance, please let me know.
Mar 26, 2011 |
Toshiba D-VR4 DVD Recorder/VCR