Question about Refrigerators
I need the manual for the Hometics Envira Station DWS-150 Weather station. Would you be able to email the pdf file that you have to me?
I would really appreciate it. Thanks,Lee
SOURCE: Set the clock
You are in luck. I had to replace the batteries in my DWS-150 & couldn't find the instruction manual to reset the time. Fortunately, I remembered a while back I had the same situation & thought I might have downloaded the manual - while it was still available. Ifound I have it saved as a pdf file on my pc. Here are some excerpts:
About the Atomic Clock
The National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST) in Fort Collins,
Colorado broadcasts the time signal (WWVB at 60kHz AM radio signal) with
an accuracy of 1 second per every 3,000 years. The signal will cover a
distance up to 2,000 miles from the source. Like a typical AM radio, your
Atomic Clock will not able to receive the WWVB signal in places
surrounded by heavy concrete or metal panels. The reception of the time
signal can be affected by mobile phones, TV, electrical appliances or other
electronic interference. To get the best performance of the Atomic clock,
please install the home receiver near a window and away from large metallic
objects. If the unit is not working properly, change the unit position. There
may be some interference at this location.
DWS-150-IB SP\ENG 10/12/04 11:30 AM Page 7
The home receiver will start synchronizing the clock after the 1st channel of
the RF thermometer is registered.
1. At normal mode, hold the “ - ” button located on the back of the home
receiver for 3 seconds to force synchronization.
2. The antenna icon will appear during the synchronization process (on the
right side of the time display).
3. If the icon disappears afterwards, radio time signal is not available at that
moment. Try setting the home receiver in other locations. Remember to
place the unit away from sources of interference such as mobile phones,
appliances, TV etc.
4. Antenna icon will appear on screen if the radio time reception is
successful. The radio-controlled clock will have a daily synchronization at 1:00 am everyday. If previous attempts of reception were
unsuccessful, the home receiver will attempt synchronization
each hour until successful.
5. Each reception cycle is minimum 2 minutes and maximum 10 minutes.
TIME ZONE SELECTION
Press “ - ” button on back of home receiver to select from the following time
zones in the U.S. (zone is displayed in the upper right hand corner of time
P - Pacific Standard Time M - Mountain Standard Time
C - Central Standard Time E - Eastern Standard Time
MANUAL SETTING FOR CLOCK & CALENDAR
1. Hold “SET ” button for 3 seconds to enter clock set.
2. First, select 12 hour or 24 hour setting using the “ + , - ” buttons located
on the back of the home receiver. Press “ SET ” button to confirm.
3. Select Hour - Use the “ + , - ” buttons located on the back of the home
receiver to adjust hour setting. Press “ SET ” button to confirm.
4. Select Minute - Use the “ + , - ” buttons located on the back of the
home receiver to adjust minute setting. Press “ SET ” button to confirm.
5. DST On/Off (Daylight Savings Time) - Use the “ + , - ” buttons to turn
DST on or off. Press “ SET ” button to confirm.
Now you will select the calendar settings-
6. Select Year - Use the “ + , - ” buttons located on the back of the home
receiver to adjust year setting. Press “ SET ” button to confirm.
7. Select Month - Use the “ + , - ” buttons located on the back of the
home receiver to adjust month setting. Press “ SET ” button to confirm.
8. Select Day - Use the “ + , - ” buttons located on the back of the home
receiver to adjust day setting. Press “ SET ” button to confirm.
9. Select Fahrenheit/Centigrade Temperature Readings - Use the
“ + , - “ buttons located on the back of the home receiver to toggle
between Fahrenheit or Centigrade readings. Press “ SET ” button
Posted on Apr 16, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 13, 2012 | Refrigerators
Jan 21, 2012 | Refrigerators
Sep 02, 2011 | Refrigerators
Nov 22, 2010 | Traulsen G20010 Commercial Refrigerator
Feb 12, 2010 | U-Line Refrigerators
Apr 30, 2009 | GE GSH22JFR Side by Side Refrigerator
Jan 19, 2009 | GE Profile PSW26P Stainless Steel Side by...
Jul 11, 2008 | Samsung RS2630SH Side by Side Refrigerator
Jun 23, 2008 | Whirlpool 25.4 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Mar 17, 2008 | Refrigerators
708 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!