My archos is showing recovery code 101
It is indicating that there is a hard drive fault. Here is another users suggested method to clear the fault.
Following some extensive use I switched it on one day to find that it hung on the Archos home screen and kept going in a loop. Luckily I could see the red HDD light flickering so knew that the Archos was trying to do something and that the HDD was recoverable. When I entered into the recovery mode I found that I had an recovery code (101) which indicates a HDD fault.
I used the following steps to recover the HDD:-
1. Connect the archos to the PC using the USB cable (the unit will start but will need to be shut down again by pressing the power button)
2. Press the power button and the 'lock' button together for a few seconds and you should get a basic recovery screen
3. Scroll down to repair disk and select
4. Click on done and wait for a few seconds and you will see the archos as a drive in 'My Computer' (Note that this does take a few minutes)
5. You now need to back up your data, movies, music, widgets etc as the next step is to format the Archos HDD which will wipe it all.
6. Disconnect the Archos, turn it off and then turn it back on again by pressing the power and 'lock' buttons together.
7. Scroll down to format disk and select. The Archos will now delete all files on the HDD and you will get a message asking to connect to a PC and install the update file. This is the firmware file that can be obtained from the Archos website. You'll also notice that the recovery code has changed from 101 to 108
8. Connect the Archos to the PC, wait for a few seconds and you will see the archos as a drive in 'My Computer' again.
9. Drag the firmware update file from your PC where you've downloaded it to directly on to the root drive
10. Click 'done' on the Archos and it will begin to update the operating system.
11. Once this is complete then there should be an update successful message, select done and the archos should restart giving you the nice bubble screen and asking if you want to enable USB.
12. Note that the Archos is now in a 'factory built' condition so you'll need to adjust settings etc according to your preferences.
13. You can now start the long process of transferring your files back to the Archos.
Jan 12, 2010 |
Archos Internet Media Tablet MP3 Player