- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is all HP recommends for the HP Deskjet 2460, so I wouldn't suggest buying anything else. First of all it might not fit and second, even if it fits, other issues may come with using those. If you can't see the list here it is: HP 21 BlackHP 21 Black TwinpackHP 21/22 Black/Color ComboHP 21/22 Quad PackHP 22 Tri-color TwinpackHP 22 TricolorHP 58 Photo
Yes it's compatible with windows 7.
Click on above link select your os windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit then download driver and install.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Thanks for using FixYa.
Go this link on the HP website and choose your operating system to download the driver for the printer. You'll need a USB cable to connect the printer to the computer. Load the drivers before you connect the computer.
I think that the printer driver that you installed in your computer is not a driver for Vista. I checked the supported operating systems and it's compatible with Win 2000 upto Win XP.
BUT, I saw this on a site:
Windows Vista HP Deskjet 656c Printer driver utility.
Meaning that there's is a possibility that HP has a Vista driver for your printer. You need to contact HP and ask them where can you get the Vista driver for your printer. I had a feeling that it's the only way that would make the printer work.
1) click on "Support and Drivers" at the top
2) in 'Step 1' select 'download drivers'
3) in 'Step 2' type in the model number you're looking for. In your case it would be "Deskjet f4180"
4) on the next page, choose the operating system you're running.
5) on the next page, choose the basic driver.
6) on the next page, click on the little 'Download Only" button. This will start the download process. Personally I would choose the 'Run" feature. This runs the software off HP's website. That way you're not downloading the software and storing it on your computer. This will also start the setup process for the drivers.
have you got the latest drivers, or is your driver for windows vista? Maybe you can try reinstalling your drivers using windows vista drivers for your printers. you can go and see if these drivers fit your printer at HP's site: