Can't get any thing other than weather even if i know frequencies and am right never them no air port @air port no fire no far from hall work beside cab co. cant even get them unless i m in their building all it seem to do is say found
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: cant get anything
Sounds to me like the antenna connector is damaged or loose, or the scanners receiver is faulty. If the antenna connector is loose, you could try to reinforce it by soldering the separated wires or ports. If the receiver is faulty, you'll have to get a new scanner.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try these steps to program your scanner to make sure the frequencies are in proper and don't forget to add the decimal [.] point.
1. Press "MAN."
2. Press #1.
3. Press "MAN."
4. Now enter your frequency.
5. Now press "E" for Enter.
6. Now you have a frequency programmed. Repeat steps above to save more frequencies.
You could be having a problem with your antenna too. Might want to check the soldier joints, condition of or antenna replace it. The repeaters for N.O.A.A. transmit with more power and puts out a much stronger signal out of their repeaters than the local municipals will. So it is not uncommon to pick up weather and not some of the local frequencies. Especially if you are trying to pick up frequencies in a county rather than in a bigger city.
Do you still receive NOAA weather frequencies? Sounds like your local agencies have switched from simplex/standard frequency operation to trunking. I suggest you visit www.RadioReference.com to view the latest on active frequencies and systems in your area.
Can't really diagnose the problem without more information, but make sure that your antenna is connected properly and that you've programmed frequencies that are active in your area. For a quick function check, program the frequency 162.55, 162.4, 162.475, 162.425, 162.45, 162.5, 162.525, 161.65, 161.775, or 163.275 into your scanner. One of them, probably the first one, will be the primary weather frequency in your area. If the scanner picks up the weather broadcast you'll know that it's working.
If the weather band is working, the scanner should be working. To verify operation:
- Move the MODE switch to "Scanner" and power the unit ON. - Press the SVC button (chrome button below display). - Press POL (chrome button below display). - Turn the SQUELCH knob towards the left until scanning stops and you hear a hissing noise. - Turn the SQUELCH knob towards the right slowly until scanning resumes.
If the scanner stops on anything - even noise, it's working.
- Slide the MODE key to "Scanner." - Power the unit ON - Turn the SQUELCH knob to the left until you hear a hissing noise, then turn it the right - slowly - until scanning resumes. - Press HOLD. - Press E (PGM). - Press 0, 1. - Press HOLD. - Enter your first frequency, including the decimal point (EX: 156.055). - Press the E (PGM) key. - Press the UP arrow (above the SCAN key). Scanner will move to channel 02. - Enter your second frequency, including the decimal point. - Press the E (PGM) key.
You should now have two frequencies programmed. Press the SCAN key . . .
If it still will not accept programming, let me know.
The 92 does not have a separate/dedicated weather band feature, but you can program individual NOAA frequencies into it. Weather broadcast frequencies are: 162.400 MHz : 162.425 MHz : 162.450 MHz : 162.475 MHz : 162.500 MHz : 162.525 MHz : 162.550 MHz.
Unfortunately, I think this is a common problem with these radios. I have a brand new BCT8 and it started to not receive anything on the pre-programed highway patrol after using less than a month. Unfortunately the best bet would be to contact Uniden which they will probably tell you to reload the firmware (which won't solve the problem) or send it to them to fix.