The AC Adapter at this time can be found on Apex Battery's site, http://www.apexbattery.com/kds-radius-rad-5-monitor-ac-adapter-ac-e10.html
The part number is AC-E10. It's priced at $47.66 as a markdown from their regular price of $79.99. Considering I bought the monitor for $50 from someone on Craigslist, I think I'll pass on such a high price and see if I can find one on Ebay, personally, but it's your call. For What It's Worth, the monitor has some great reviews on CNet.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: KDS RAD-5 monitor set up
The monitor you bought usually have a bundle of power cord. there is monitor that can connect the power to the power supply of the cpu it's depend the type of the cord is given to you. If the cord is with the plug in the one end of the cord you need to plug in directly to the power source it's like 110V or 220V
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I don't think so. It's like shutting down a Desktop with a Monitor, Both have to be switched off. They have two power sources, two AC plugs. Unless you put all plugs on a power strip ,with a on/off switch, and switch off at the power switch.
If I am reading the frist part of your stament correctly, the power supply does not even kick on when you press the power button. Don not unplug anything from the inside of the computer at this time, instead check your power cord and make sure it is plugged in thightly to both the computer and power strip. Check to make sure the power strip is on, plug something else (like a light) and test the power strip. If the item does not come on, then you may have a bad power strip. To confirm plug the item you are testing with into the outlet the power strip is plugged in to and see if it works. If not your outlet may be bad, contact an electrician. If everything works, but the power supply is still not kicking on, you possibly have a bad power supply. You will need to pick up a replacement power supply and install it in the computer. This is were you unplug everything wire bundle that comes from the power supply to the mother board (paying attention to what was plugged in where). Take the new power supply, install it, plug everything back in. Now try the power button. If this fails then yes you have a bad mother board.
I know most computer retailers that offer repairs, have a device to check the power supply. A good repair place will check this at little or no cost to you, if you agree to let them install the replacement if it is bad (they will charge you for the power supply and installation of it).
I would first check and verify that the electrical outlet or power strip that they are plugged into is working. If a plug gets in a bind it could have blown a fuse on the power strip or the power strip might have a reset switch on it. Or the power strip might have failed. If you have a uninteruptable powersupply that you plug everything into you will need to confirm that it is working as well, test it and look for reset buttons or a fuse holder on it. Your electrical cords could have been pulled out from the wall outlet itself while cleaning sometimes even wall outlets if put in a bind from pressure will blow a fuse or the cord might pull out just enough that it is not making a good connection.
You might get a lamp with a bulb that you know works and plug it into the same electrical receptical that you have the dell computers power cord plugged into and then test the monitor power source the same way.
If the outlets or power strip are getting power and that is confirmed by testing them, and then you plug in the Monitor and Dell power cords into the sources that you have confirmed are getting power, and they do not come on we have a different problem.
If the monitor is hooked up wrong to the computer or not even hooked to the computer the light should come on on the front of the monitor incicating that it is getting power. If you plug it into a confirmed working electrical outlet the light should come on on the power button of the monitor. If it does not come on then somehting might hve possibly damaged all of the epuipment that was plugged in like a power spike on the electrical lines going into your home, this would be very rare but not impossible.
I am sorry for all of the senerios but you were not really clear on what you were using as power sources going to the equipment and I wanted to try and cover the most common possibilities in one email. Please let me know if this helps
I'll hope for the best and assume the simple fix first. Check the plug at the back of the monitor to insure it wasn't pulled out slightly. Sometimes, moving something around can cuse the plug to lose proper connection.
Also, check the power source to insure that you have power to the unit. We had a lightening storm recently and the power strip surge protector did it's job. I turned it back on and everything powered up again.
I hope this helps... Good luck!
It sounds like a surge may have damaged the monitor. Try rebooting your system, and if that doesn't work, reinstall the drivers. If the problem persists, the monitor may have been damaged by a power surge and it may have to be serviced/replaced.
This may not be a video problem at all (hardware or software).
You say your "monitors" and it makes me wonder just how much you have plugged in to each of your power strips. Or extension cor
If you have a UPS, then you can take full advantage of all of the plug ports. BUT if you are using POWER STRIPS (these do NOT protect against power surges), then you need to look at what you have plugged in. Some big devices (system unit or "CPU" as some people call it, printer-especially the AIOs, MONITOR) pull quite a bit of electricity, moreso than speakers, a modem, or other small devices). Sometimes you need to have the big components plugged in to their own power source in order to work. You can't have them plugged together because there's just not enough power to go around.
I would try to spread the power around the room a little more, and then see if the system boots. Don't go rewiring your house, if it does!!! LOL. It's the computer systems we are using these days. I've also had fax machines, routers, and a few other things not want to work because they weren't getting their share of the "juice".
There is a whole lot the typical user can check but here is the list:
-Disconnect the power plug from the power strip and plug directly into a tested wall socket. Sometimes the power strip sockets go bad.
-Try another working power cord.
-When you plug in the power cord do any of the monitor LEDs com on?