- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you have loaded Destinator Console onto your PC from the original disc that contains the maps simply attach the SatNav to your PC and take the following steps
1. From "My Computer" identify the SatNav device from those listed in "Items with Removable Storage".
note. if your PC doesn't recognise the device try putting the memory card into a camera that you can connect to your PC.
2. Right hand click the relevant icon, and select "Format" from the drop down menu.
3. From Start Manu, All Programs - select Navigation (this will depend upon how you origianlly loaded Navigation) then select Destinator Console.
4. In the bottom right hand corner of the subsequent window there should be a box named "Target Device" - click "Change"
5. From the pop-up window select the device you have just connected. This device should now appear as the target device and it will show how much available space is on the disk.
6. Finally from the top left hand box named "Standard Maps" select - UK_Ireland-177.0 MB and click on Install/Remove Maps.
The red cross means its been wiped usually. Connect it to your pc and go to my computer. Click on the tom tom logo and see what is on your device. The maps should be there in yellow folders. Copy and paste these in to a folder. Then reformat the device by right clicking on the logo and selecting fat 32. When done reset the device for 30 sec and connect back to your pc and install the latest version of tom tom home. You can then get all the fee updates, thhen go to add maps where you can put your maps back on from the folder you made
Try putting the files like this:
In My Device/iPAQ File Store/iPAQ GPS, put the folder with your country name (in my case it says Australia), the "Navigator" folder and the "GPS" and "Map ID" files.
In My Device/My Documents/Tom Tom you should have a file thats called something like "Australia-3bc66a12" (will be different for other countries), and another called "TTToday" and any POI files you've created.
See how that goes. Otherwise, you may be able to reinstall TomTom software from the original disk if you have it. Any map upgrades you've bought will need to be reloaded from TomTom Home
What maps it comes with depends on where you buy it. I have an Australian version which includes maps for all of Australia and works fine. Tom Tom update the maps periodically but an update is about A$150. It will also work with any other Tom Tom maps you have.
You can download the manual from the link below:
You can download the software from the link below:
If the Windows operating system has been removed you will need to purchase another copy of Microsoft Windows for Pocket PC 2003 or check any CD's that came with the device.
Please update the question & let us know if the information given was useful to you - Good Luck!