Question about Haier 42EP24S 42 in. EDTV-Ready Plasma Television
Multimedia screen will not go off
Follow these instructions to the "T". On step 13 use factory on the right menu block instead of the left.
The procedure resets your monitor to factory setting on the boards an eeprom. It may or may not work if you have a bad component.
1. Using the Volume button (Remote or Monitor) turn the volume all the way down.
2. Hold the Menu button on the Monitor.
3. Press the Menu button on the Remote.
4. Press and hold the Volume button on the remote for 5 seconds and then release the Menu button on the Monitor. After this step the date will appear on the left side of the screen within 10 seconds.
5. Click the Menu button on the remote.
6. Click the Left Arrow button on the remote.
7. By using the Down Arrow button, scroll to Settings and then click the Left Arrow button.
8. Highlight "Eepreset" and click the Left Arrow button. (The monitor will turn off at this time)
9. Push the Power button on the remote, the unit will turn back on.
10. Click the Menu button on the remote.
11. Click the Left Arrow button on the remote.
12. By using the Down Arrow button, scroll to Settings and then click the Left Arrow button.
13. Highlight Factory and click on the Left Arrow button to select "Off"
14. Click Menu on the remote.
15. Click Menu on the remote.
Posted on Apr 20, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2016 | Haier Televison & Video
Feb 26, 2015 | Haier HL32R 32 in. LCD TV
Jan 10, 2014 | Haier HLH26ATBB 26 in. LCD Television
Nov 25, 2013 | Haier HL32D2 32 in LCD TV
Jun 02, 2011 | Haier HL42XD2 42 in LCD TV
Dec 27, 2010 | Haier HL42XD2 42 in LCD TV
Sep 08, 2010 | Haier HL37E 37 in. LCD TV
Feb 06, 2010 | Haier HL32R 32 in. LCD TV
Jan 08, 2010 | Haier HP42BB 42 in. Plasma TV
216 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: