My 6-yr old daughter accidentally created a locked code for her Ipod but she can't recall the unlocking code. My husband and I tried several number combinations but we're desperate for the thousands combinations of numbers. Is there an easy way to unlock it? Thanks for the assistance.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Can't unlock the Apple Ipod 30GB
You have to use iTunes on your pc and restore the ipod
Note: Because Restore erases all of the songs and files on iPod, make sure to back up any files you've saved on the iPod disk. All of your songs, videos, podcasts, audiobooks, and games can be loaded back to your iPod provided that you have them stored in your iTunes Library.
How to restore your iPod:
1. Make sure you've reinstalled the latest version of iTunes.
2. Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
3. After a few moments, it will appear in the source list in iTunes.
4. Select your iPod in the source list and you will see information about it appear in theSummary tab of the main iTunes windows.
5. Click the Restore button. You will be prompted with one or more restore options that may prompt iTunes to automatically download of the latest iPod Software.
The 4 possible restore options are:
Restore Option 1: Restore - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod.
Restore Option 2: Use Same Version - Restores with same iPod Software version already on iPod even though a newer version is available.
Restore Option 3: Use Newest Version - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
Restore Option 4: Restore and Update - Restores with the latest iPod Software on your computer.
6. A progress bar will appear on the computer screen indicating that the first stage of the restore process has started. When this stage is completed, iTunes will instruct you to leave iPod connected to your computer to complete restore.
7. During the stage 2 of the restore process, the iPod will show an Apple logo as well as a progress bar at the bottom of the display. It is critical that the iPod remains connected to the computer or iPod Power adapter during this stage. Note: The progress bar may be difficult to see since the backlight on the iPod display may be off.
8. After stage 2 of the restore process is complete and the iPod is connected to the computer, the iTunes Setup Assistant window will appear asking you to name your iPod and choose your syncing preferences similar to when you connected your iPod for the first time.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Although locking your iPod Touch prevents accidental touch commands, the feature also prevents you from accessing your media and applications while the device is locked, according to the Apple site. The lock code is the 4-digit code that was created when the passcode lock was first enabled, and displays a passcode menu prompt on the iPod Touch's screen when the "Home" or "Power" button is pressed and the unlock bar is slid across the screen.
Instructions 1 Push the "Home" button on the iPod Touch's screen, or push the "Power" button on top of the device to show the home screen. 2 Slide your finger on the iPod Touch's unlock bar. 3 Enter the 4-digit passcode using the on-screen keypad to unlock the device. If you cannot remember the passcode, plug the dock-connector cable into the iPod Touch and plug the other end into your computer's USB port. According to Apple, the iPod Touch will automatically unlock after it is connected to your computer.
You can unlock iPod in one of two ways: • Enter the combination code of 4 digit to unlock the iPod. If you enter wrong code combination, the digits onscreen flash red. • Or Connect iPod to the main computer you use (computer with which iPod synced with), and open iTunes. Now disconnect the iPod from the computer, it will be unlocked.
I assume the unlocking your ipod is the combination that locks the screen and not the little white tab on the top of the iPod. By plugging the iPod into itunes it should unlock it. By restoring your iPod you erase the lock but also your music. If may stay unlocked when you remove it from the computer. Good luck.
---------------------------- Connect your iPod to the primary computer you use it with
(the first one iPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect
iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked.
you can't unlock iPod using either [the code or connecting it to the
computer you use to manage its songs]. . . you can restore your iPod to
factory settings using iPod Updater. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to your iPod.
If you want to change the primary computer that your iPod is associated with, do this:
1. Restore your iPod. Warning: The restore process cannot be undone. All of your songs and files will be deleted. Always make a backup of your important data.
2. Connect your iPod to the computer that you want to be the primary computer.
3. Open iTunes and synchronize.----------------------------
Wow sorry to hear about that ::
Here is the info you need ::
According to Apple, if you have forgotten the code, you can unlock the iPod nano or iPod by doing the following:
Connect your iPod to the primary computer you use it with (the first one iPod synced with), and open iTunes. When you disconnect iPod from the computer, it will no longer be locked.
If you can't unlock iPod using either [the code or connecting it to the computer you use to manage its songs]. . . you can restore your iPod to factory settings using iPod Updater. Please note that this will erase all data on your iPod. Afterwards, you can add your music and data back to your iPod.
Apple also notes that company "representatives cannot unlock an iPod if you forget your combination. If you can't unlock your iPod and you don't have access to the primary computer, your only option is to restore the iPod, which will erase all music and data."
I hope this helps