Question about Freecom (24358) 160 GB Network Hard Drive
I have changed computers and just used my 400g freecom hard drive for storage now. When I first had it though, I put all my photos on it as secured and compressed files. Now it appears I've lost them all as I cannot open any of them. Please help, it's very distressing to lose all my children's photos
(01) 1st, for now (as a precaution against data loss), please, don't add or delete anything to or from that external HDD (hard disk drive)
(02) Just to make sure, the photos and not just a catalog of the photos were originally stored onto the external HDD, yes?
(03) Do you still have access to the computer where you originally had the external HDD connected at the time you encrypted the files (photos)?
Even if the protected files were on the same external HDD that you are using now, the protection software is possibly associated w/ the computer on which the files were fist stored.
(04) Please, tell us exactly what mechanism (the name of the software, etc) you used to originally encrypt these files.
(05) Did you recall if you used software that came w/ the external HDD to encrypt your files?
(06) Please, tell us the the following:
(A) The operating system that was installed on the previous computer you're referring to. (Windows 2000, Windows XP, etc.)
(B) The model number of your Freecom external HDD. (look for a sticker or any markings on the case).
(C) The name of the encryption software if you can remember.
(06) If you still have access to the original computer, connect the external hard disk to that computer and tell us if you can see the files again.
(07) If you can, decrypt the files and then transfer the external HDD to the new computer.
If you need assistance w/ ANY of these steps or have any questions at all, comments, observations, etc., please, post back here w/ them. We will continue to work w/ you on this issue until it is resolved or we reach an impasse.
Posted on Apr 15, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2014 | SMC Barricade g SMC2804WBRP-G Wireless...
Nov 07, 2011 | Freecom (24358) 160 GB Network Hard Drive
Sep 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 10, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 05, 2009 | Freecom (24358) 160 GB Network Hard Drive
Jun 10, 2009 | Freecom (24358) 160 GB Network Hard Drive
Jan 03, 2009 | Freecom (24358) 160 GB Network Hard Drive
Jul 24, 2008 | Freecom (24358) 160 GB Network Hard Drive
May 20, 2007 | Freecom (24358) 160 GB Network Hard Drive
Mar 27, 2013 | Freecom (24358) 160 GB Network Hard Drive
Apr 07, 2017 | Freecom (24358) 160 GB Network Hard Drive
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: