Question about Microwave Ovens
The burning smell is usually a bad high voltage transformer, but it may possibly be a bad magnetron.
You should have a 5-year warranty on the magnetron.
GE Customer Service is at http://www.geappliances.com/service_and_support/contact/
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller, AS-EET
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 15, 2010 | GE JES1855 Microwave Oven
Aug 12, 2010 | GE JES1855 Microwave Oven
Mar 23, 2010 | Kenmore 63252 Microwave Oven
Dec 21, 2017 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Jun 03, 2009 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Feb 20, 2009 | GE JES1855 Microwave Oven
Dec 28, 2008 | GE Microwave Ovens
May 31, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
212 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!