Question about LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Cell got wet

Dropped cell in water while on. Retrieved within a second or two and the phone went screwy then died. Had it drying in rice for two weeks and in the oven a couple of times to get any last moisture out. Model is LG Muziq, and I know the battery is dead, but when I plug it in without the battery the lg muziq screen comes on most times and the no battery page comes up every now and again. Do you think the phone is salvageable?

Posted by on

  • Anonymous May 20, 2009

    I was at Chucke'Cheeses and when I got in the car, i turned on my phone. as it was turning on, the screen showed up white. how can i fix it????? PLEASE HELP!!

×

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 983 Answers

As the battery is dead you must buy a new battery and insert it ...

surely it will work ...

i think you may get some screen problems after switching on ...

if so remove the handset & screen too and adjust it again ....
this may happen if there is any water traces ...

Posted on Apr 16, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

When I turn it on after 5 second is turning off


make sure it is completely charged. If it was dropped in water or got wet sometimes leaving it in dry rice over night might help.

Jun 27, 2015 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

Cell phone was dropped into water and is wet how do I dry it out?


Do not turn on the device. Place it in a bag of rice for a few days. The rice should absorb all the moisture. Good luck!

Hope that helps!

Sep 16, 2013 | Cell Phones

2 Answers

Water damage


well turn yor phone off. and put it in a bowl of rice, and leave it a day or two. but make sure it has the battery and everything out of it if u can.

May 29, 2012 | LG Cell Phones

1 Answer

I dropped my phone in water, then I put it in rice after that my screen did'nt come on, what do I do?


Wet Cell Phone
Immediately remove the phone from the water,turn off the cell phone remove the battery and SIM card. When you have driedthe cell phone by putting in a warm sunny place for several days or in front ofa warm fan heater for several hours then reassemble the phone. Hopefully itwill work properly but if does not work then it is faulty and you need a newcell phone.

May 20, 2012 | Cell Phones

2 Answers

I recently jumped into a pool with my cell phone in my pocket (SAMSUNG Reality). I realized it 10 minues or so after. Dried the phone. A day later, the phone will turn on when connected to charger...


When phone gets wet NEVER try to turn it on. Take battery out right away shake water off and put both in bowl of rice for at least 24 hrs. If your not home or don't have rice right away take battery out and get some. We have a bowl of rice on the counter all summer long for those who jump in the pool with phone in their pocket. I have washed them dropped them in the toilet my son jumped in pool with his phone, put it rice for 24 hrs and we were up and running with the exception of the one in the pool, that one cost me new battery on Ebay ($4.95) but phone worked fine, didn't even lose contacts or pictures. But the key is to NOT try to turn it on after its been wet. Water and batteries don't mix.

Jun 16, 2010 | Samsung Exclaim M550 Cell Phone

1 Answer

Lg rumor is wet


You shud remove the battery and use your hairdryer without heat on it and dryup all the water traces and moisture. Try it many times. And then put the battery back and switch it on and see it work.

Jul 30, 2009 | LG RUMOR Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Dropped my phone in sink of water


You may have caused a short in the device. Basically once your cellphone is exposed to water, the best solution would be to IMMEDIATELY remove the battery, and place the device in a bowl of rice. The rice serves to absorb the moisture, and within a day, should restore your phone :D.

It doesn't hurt to take it apart and dry it by hand though, but by trying to use a non-dry phone you may have to get a new one.

May 21, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8120 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Wet phone


yes in some cases. but since you switch on your phone without completely drying it out, some problems may arise... like, auto-shut off, no signal, no ringtone, not chraging and even worse, it might die... in cases like wet phones.. it should be dried out completely to avoid shortages on the electronic components. but anyway... try cleaning it with laquer thinner for a minute or two... this will remove the moist deposits that might have developed on the ic's..

tnx

Feb 04, 2009 | Samsung SYNC SGH-A707 Cellular Phone

3 Answers

Wet cell phone


no if you did all that to it and still did ent work i think it is a goner sorry

Apr 01, 2008 | Cell Phones

3 Answers

WET CELL PHONE


Due to the complex inner working of cell phones once they are dropped in water they are considered useless.

Mar 07, 2008 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone Logo

Related Topics:

147 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Cell Phones Experts

Scott Fryer

Level 2 Expert

80 Answers

Steve Sweetleaf
Steve Sweetleaf

Level 3 Expert

1128 Answers

Jeremy Murray
Jeremy Murray

Level 2 Expert

127 Answers

Are you a LG Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...