My dell desktop doesn't start or boot from cd rom
Basically you need to go to Bios to change your "Boot device pripority". Please follow these steps to do this.
Please follow these steps to install XP on your PC.
Please start your PC with power button. At the very first screen, at
the left down corner, you will see the button to be pressed to go to
Setup i.e. Bios of the PC. For most of the PCs , it is delete button.
For some of them, it is F2 also. So, after starting the PC press Del to
go into setup.
2. After you enter setup of the PC, please go to Advance bios setup.
3. There you select Boot device priority.
here the first boot device priority should be CD ROM, then the HDD.
Please see the instructions given at right down corner and select this
5. After you rightly selected boot device priority as given above, Press F10 to save the changes and then press F12 to exit.
6. Now the PC will restart again, but be sure that you put win XP cd in the drive before it restarts.
7. Now you will see a note that : press any key to boot from CD ROM, so please press any key.
8. The PC will boot from the CD ROM now , now you can follow the instructions given on the screen.
May 07, 2009 |
Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop