How to adjust contrast settings on a BlackBerry Tour
Whether you are colorblind, curious, or just into weird color schemes, you can change the contrast on your BlackBerry Tour from the normal colors it displays to either grayscale or inverted colors. Here's how:
1. From the main screen, press the BlackBerry button (the one with seven dots) to get to your Home folder.
2. Scroll down until you see the Options folder (the one with the wrench icon) and click on it.
3. Select Advanced Options from the list.
4. Select Accessibility.
5. Go down to the second option, Color Contrast, and use either the ALT key or the space bar to select a new contrast setting. As you select one, the screen will change immediately, so you can preview each one before making a change.
6. When you've settled on a scheme you like, save the change before exiting; press either the BlackBerry button or the Back button and then choose Save.
The contrast setting you choose will affect just about everything you see on your BlackBerry, including Internet content, pre-loaded games, and even third-party applications. When using the Tour's camera or video camera functions, everything will be displayed in normal color, but any pictures taken will immediately appear altered, depending on your contrast setting. Videos are an exception to this rule; if you watch a video on your Tour with either of the alternate contrast settings, the video will still appear in normal color. (Though if you pause the video, the image it pauses on will adhere to your current contrast setting.)
on Sep 21, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry? Tour 9630 Smartphone